This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961863 by NYC123
30 Jun 2023, 13:05
Hi

Looking to book a few nights in New York with my wife for her 50th, just wondering what seats (rows really i guess) people would recommend for a couple (who are currently on speaking terms) on the A330 or 350 having not flown on either of those?
#961864 by philsiu02
30 Jun 2023, 13:36
For the A350. Your first choice is whether you want to sit next to each other. If you do, then choose the middle aisle. The seats here are angled a bit away from each other, but you can still talk to each other easily. If you chose a window seat then you'll be behind one another, and the only real way to talk is over the top of the seats, which requires the person in front to turn around. When your tray table is out this gets quite tricky.

The actual seats themselves are all pretty much as you'd expect. You get a bit more space in row 1, but it's near the toilets so might be annoying. At the back you're next to the loft (on some configurations), which again might get annoying if it's heavily used but it never bothered me when sat in the back row.

FWIW, you can take a virtual tour of the A350 here which might help you decide: https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/in/e ... -a350.html

For the A330 it could be the old herringbone layout or, if you on a A330neo, it's more similar to the A350.
#961866 by mitchja
30 Jun 2023, 13:44
The problem is with JFK the A/C type VS use is alway very very fluid and can and does change often based on loads and cargo. The A/C type you see when you book may well not be what you end up flying on. VS do send all of their A/C types to JFK.

VS are now even now using the 16 seat Upper Class config A350 for JFK albeit from MAN so for LHR routes the changes of that one will be slim. That seat is the same as the other A350 though.

For example; in the last 10 days VS have used an A350, A333, A339 and B789 to op the VS3 LHR>JFK. Pretty much all the other JFK flights are the same. The only one that seems consistent at the minute using an A333 is the VS25.

The B789 seat is also identical the the A330 seats.