This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961878 by David
02 Jul 2023, 21:58
Checked in last night after nearly 3 wonderful weeks at Disneys Saratoga Springs for outbound flight back to Heathrow then Edinburgh and even making sure my global entry details where in the account, it still didn’t show on the Apple wallet boarding pass.

However check in very very good and actually asked me if I had global entry before I had the chance to ask them.

Guessing there’s maybe another IT glitch that kinda shows but doesn’t show but they know.

The security wasn’t actually too bad considering it’s 4th July weekend and it’s never been off the TV about delays.

Plane is an A350-1000 - let’s see.

David
#961879 by dmc
03 Jul 2023, 01:05
This happens to me on pretty much every return flight now, but there is a workaround. Even if your KTN (Known Traveler Number) is entered in your account profile (and hasn't randomly disappeared), it often disappears from your booking.

If you go into Manage Booking before checking in and enter the KTN again, then the TSA Pre flag appears on the boarding pass (and on the Apple Wallet version too).

Sometimes I forget to do this before checking in, but it still works even after check-in if you enter the KTN in the booking under Passenger Info, just delete the boarding pass in Apple Wallet and re-add it and then TSA Pre flag appears.

I also sometimes have problems just adding the KTN to my booking - I have no idea why but seems the website has a glitch. I have to make some other minor tweak to the passenger info along with the KTN and then it saves, making sure to change the passenger info back to what it should be afterwards of course.

A pain, but the only way I know to make it work.

David.
#961880 by mitchja
03 Jul 2023, 07:25
They had fixed this? It never did used to show but started working again after the most recent app update (since VS joined SkyTeam).

The only other option is to show the VS app boarding pass as that did always show the correct status banners.

My last couple of boarding passes did show my TSA-Pre status. Here’s my most recent now expired boarding pass from May this year:

IMG_1268.png
IMG_1268.png (224.81 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
#961881 by dmc
03 Jul 2023, 12:53
mitchja wrote:They had fixed this? It never did used to show but started working again after the most recent app update (since VS joined SkyTeam).

Interesting - looks like I haven't updated the app on my phone so that could well be the reason in my case - although I do find the KTN drops out of my booking every time and I have to add it back in, so possibly there's more than one problem!

David.