This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961887 by David
03 Jul 2023, 19:07
Just arrived on an A350 leisure config this morning. Don’t know which one but they all aren’t that old but boy this was showings it’s age

I was in 1A. Every bump, the TV screen shot out and wouldn’t stay in. Everything that should be tight was loose and everything that should be loose was tight and sticking.

The tv screen on 1D looked as though someone has been trying to open it with their false teeth. For a plane that’s probably less than a year old, the edge of the screen was damaged and the shell that it went into was chipped and broken.

Didn’t like the way the seat moved. Every time you wanted to move it, it seemed to have to move about half the individual pieces to achieve its position.

Why is there not just a recline button instead of a bed button ?

And not really the comfiest of seats whether sitting or sleeping and as someone has said, quite difficult to get out of if any sort of recline.

No storage space apart the stupid little shelves and a hidden water bottle.

And the cabin. What person decided that it was ok that half the cabin had to walk through the galley to get to the 1 toilet - you feel you’re intruding. Do away with that stupid “social space” and fit another toilet.

Other than that, it was pretty rubbish :-D

David
#961895 by CommanderB
04 Jul 2023, 10:04
David wrote:
I was in 1A. Every bump, the TV screen shot out and wouldn’t stay in. Everything that should be tight was loose and everything that should be loose was tight and sticking.

The tv screen on 1D looked as though someone has been trying to open it with their false teeth. For a plane that’s probably less than a year old, the edge of the screen was damaged and the shell that it went into was chipped and broken.

Yeah, those row 1 screens are a real issue. Whoever designed that mechanism needs the sack.
#961989 by Chinafish
18 Jul 2023, 11:38
I just took a trip where the outbound was A350 and inbound was B789. Despite the B789 being older I actually preferred it.

The A350 seat operation was just too obscure. Took me a long time to figure out how to get the screen out. Took me a long time to figure out how to get the table out. Despite pressing the buttons using what I thought was reasonable force, things didn't budge, until I figured out I REALLY needed to PUUUUUUUUUUUSH.

A lot of "storage" which couldn't be used during taxi take off and landing - those little shelves look cool but were simply not practical.

There was some sort of an "up" button for the seat which ended up "scrunching" my body up which was just plain weird.

I had a much more comfortable sleep in the B789.