This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961909 by Kraken
07 Jul 2023, 10:39
Any ideas on the easiest way to 40 TP's? I wish we could get TP earning credit cards in the UK like you can in the USA.

Due to V-Hols dumping a load of TP'S onto my account I am 40 short of Gold. You could probably argue that it's not worth chasing the TP's as we generally only travel in Upper Class on long-haul anyway. (We do, I hasten to add, use easyJet & Ryanair for short-haul trips so are not super-glued to turning left).

Lifetime Gold is not an option until retirement is on the horizon - not quite there yet! Should I bother as the real only bonus will be the additional miles - which are not always easy to spend.
#961911 by ColOrd
07 Jul 2023, 10:50
https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/gb/e ... oints.html

It would seem a return in business from Manchester to Paris or Amsterdam would get you 80tps.

Is it worth it? If you can have a nice weekend or even a day trip, probably is worth it yes I would say so. Is VS AU worth it if you always travel Upper anyway...maybe not previously but now its SkyTeam....It depends on your individual cirumstances.
#961912 by CommanderB
07 Jul 2023, 11:10
100% agree with ColOrd. This is a great use case for AF/KLM.

The only other option may be, and I haven't looked at prices, a very quick weekend return to JFK or TLV in Y.
Virgin Atlantic