This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961949 by David
14 Jul 2023, 21:40
Typical. I just come back from the US with the exchange rate around $1.20 and today it’s now around $1.30 give or take.

Anyone think this might be the start of the recovery of the pound ?

Thanks

David
#961952 by mallin
15 Jul 2023, 09:55
Yes have been watching the exchange rate like a hawk, we are not going till early October but anything rising is a bonus.

It can easily drop as we all know, the banking people seem to think it could go as high as 1.33 its all to do with our interest rates and the decline job market in the states.

I am looking at car hire as well as most are done in dollars then convert and they are coming down slowly.

In April the Dollar in Vegas ran out of vehicles and could not upgrade us as there was nothing only ev's and no way said hubby ( as were doing a side trip to Arizona) there was quite a wait as it was 9.30 at night as our BA flight was late in and there were others like us waiting, after an hour luckily for us some one returned an SUV. Linda
#961981 by catsilversword
17 Jul 2023, 20:30
mallin wrote:Yes have been watching the exchange rate like a hawk, we are not going till early October but anything rising is a bonus.

It can easily drop as we all know, the banking people seem to think it could go as high as 1.33 its all to do with our interest rates and the decline job market in the states.

I am looking at car hire as well as most are done in dollars then convert and they are coming down slowly.

In April the Dollar in Vegas ran out of vehicles and could not upgrade us as there was nothing only ev's and no way said hubby ( as were doing a side trip to Arizona) there was quite a wait as it was 9.30 at night as our BA flight was late in and there were others like us waiting, after an hour luckily for us some one returned an SUV. Linda

Must have been the absolute last thing you needed at that time of night, and with the time difference!