This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962013 by CraigR
20 Jul 2023, 18:09
Hi
Can someone confirm what the earliest time for check in and bag drop is when flying PE from LHR?
Im on a 1320 flight and was hoping to meet some friends nearby but didn't want to carry my luggage.
Was hoping to check in around 830/845am
Thanks
#962014 by cooperman
20 Jul 2023, 21:00
CraigR wrote:Hi
Can someone confirm what the earliest time for check in and bag drop is when flying PE from LHR?
Im on a 1320 flight and was hoping to meet some friends nearby but didn't want to carry my luggage.
Was hoping to check in around 830/845am
Thanks

I've checked in at 10:00 for a 22:30 flight a couple of times.
Went into London for the day, then came back at about 18:00 and enjoyed Clubhouse.
Whilst check in agent did mention once that I was a "bit early" , and early check in is no issue, regardless of travel class.
#962016 by Nottingham Nick
21 Jul 2023, 09:27
As cooperman alludes to, you can check in for any flight taking off that day once the check ins open.
If you tell the check in agent that you are leaving the airport, they may tag your bags to be held at the gate - they will only be put on board when you report to the gate - just in case you don't get back to the airport in time.

Nick