This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962174 by CommanderB
14 Aug 2023, 14:54
The Ts&Cs don't actually say they can't be combined, but I'm 90% sure the answer is no.

You can however use the companion voucher for a revenue fare, which depending on the cost may be a reasonable option too.
#962175 by cooperman
14 Aug 2023, 19:52
matt.hibb wrote:I can imagine the answer, but just to make sure; any idea if it's possible to use a companion voucher with a gold reward seat?

It absolutley IS possible. I've done it... Twice!..Just the usual ..erm "taxes" which should be the same at the as amount paid for the reward ticket.
Subject to reward seats being available of course.

Good luck,

Paul
#962180 by CommanderB
14 Aug 2023, 22:52
cooperman wrote:
matt.hibb wrote:I can imagine the answer, but just to make sure; any idea if it's possible to use a companion voucher with a gold reward seat?

It absolutley IS possible. I've done it... Twice!..Just the usual ..erm "taxes" which should be the same at the as amount paid for the reward ticket.
Subject to reward seats being available of course.

Good luck,

Paul

Subject to reward seats being available..? The whole point of Gold reward seats is they’re used to unlock a seat when one isn’t available.

So do you mean you’ve use a companion voucher + gold reward to unlock one extra seat or two?
#962184 by cooperman
15 Aug 2023, 10:30
Aaah..It didn't connect that you were doing a revenue to reward seat conversion using points, sorry.
My experience is of a standard availability reward seat and companion ticket, which worked fine.
#962189 by dmc
16 Aug 2023, 02:02

From the Terms and Conditions, it looks like you can't:

"4.6.9 Gold Reward Seats cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, including upgrade and companion vouchers."

https://help.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/p ... -club.html
Virgin Atlantic