This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962245 by SunshineState
22 Aug 2023, 16:19
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I had an email from Virgin Money confirming a reward voucher had been achieved via the VA Rewards CC. This was mid May. Tried to book a flight today but VA say its not in my account (checked myself and its not). No one seems to want to take responsibility for this >-(

Has anyone had experience of this and if so any help to get it sorted would be much appreciated.
#962246 by jimbowimbo
22 Aug 2023, 18:53
I’ve had that in the past. Emails about voucher yet actually the email was 6 months after the voucher was added. More pesky Virgin IT….. I think the best route for confirming vouchers is keeping an eye on your virgin account activity page where it shows when vouchers are added
#962247 by Bluebear
22 Aug 2023, 19:24
Try using chat option on credit card app to chase it up and may also be worth emailing customer complaints on Virgin Atlantic and attach a copy of your email stating that you have qualified for a voucher. I know in the past when I have had problems each business days it’s not their responsibility! Try covering both options- good luck.

It can be hard to check if vouchers are there yourself as sometimes they don’t show at our end but can be seen by FC.
I also keep a note of the dates when mine hit my FC account so I can keep track and make sure they use oldest first! In the past FC have also said to keep a screenshot of any vouchers.
#962248 by EstelleB
23 Aug 2023, 11:21
I've experienced this twice now and it is quite tricky to track yourself as they don't always show in activity.

One time it was the fault of Virgin Money who hadn't done something at their end so there was genuinely no voucher there, the other time I got someone at VA who didn't have a clue what they were doing and the voucher was there after all!

Probably worth trying VA again - make sure you get a Welsh voice and double check, then otherwise it is the CC companies responsibility if they have sent you an email.
#962250 by Martin5192
23 Aug 2023, 16:36
I have never been notified when I receive an upgrade voucher. I stumble on them when I check my points. Can I confirm who sends your notifications out, Is it the Flying Club or Virgin Money ?
#962251 by CommanderB
23 Aug 2023, 16:51
Martin5192 wrote:I have never been notified when I receive an upgrade voucher. I stumble on them when I check my points. Can I confirm who sends your notifications out, Is it the Flying Club or Virgin Money ?

It says Virgin Atlantic and it's branded as Virgin Atlantic but comes from a Virgin Money email address:

[email protected]
#962253 by mallin
24 Aug 2023, 15:59
I have also had problems getting my bonus miles from the cc on my account. I spent the required amount in the time frame and no extra points.

Rang up and they confirmed that I had reached the threshold and will appear in my next statement, then a couple of days later got an email telling me I had qualified for the bonus, will wait and see if they come through on next months statemen,.They are deffinately not as efficient as Amex same day and its all there.

We are paying the annual fee but not getting the correct service, very poor.
Virgin Atlantic