This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962263 by steveb
25 Aug 2023, 17:24
Just trying to look at the difference between cash fares and using points.

Looking at a convoluted route LHR-MCO-YVR-JFK-LHR for next year, dates not currently on sale....

Is it possible to do this doing points and would anyone know how many and the cost for PE? I have tried dummy bookings for currently available dates on the VS website and it doesn't give me any results.

However, when I tried google flights it did come up with a cash fare of £1225 ish if booked direct with Delta.

Thanks,

Steve
#962267 by CommanderB
26 Aug 2023, 22:16
I just did something similar. VS transatlantic sector onto a DL flight into the Caribbean (non-VS destination). Was a bit of a headache.

VS ticketing said points was possible but I was doing revenue. So my only advice would be to ring and have them try and price it.

From what I can tell, if it’s available on the ITA Matrix, it’ll be available as a revenue fare. But points is a different ballgame.

You’ll never be able to do this kind of thing online with VS, so just call them when you know the flights are released.