This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962294 by David
03 Sep 2023, 10:19
Should probably know this but with all the changes just wondering, if I book a flight with VS (EDI-MCO) and the return turns out to be Delta via JFK, would I get tier points MCO-JFK and JFK-MCO or just JFK-MCO or not at all ?

thanks

David

(oh and pleasantly surprised to find VS still flying to MCO ex EDI mid October !)
#962296 by Kraken
03 Sep 2023, 11:05
David wrote:(oh and pleasantly surprised to find VS still flying to MCO ex EDI mid October !)

The IATA Summer season runs until the last weekend in October (normally when we put the clocks back to GMT). Do the Scottish schools have an October half term? If so it's probably in mid-October given that the Scottish schools are already back. This could make the MCO route rather profitable for a week for Virgin.
#962297 by CommanderB
03 Sep 2023, 11:46
David wrote:Should probably know this but with all the changes just wondering, if I book a flight with VS (EDI-MCO) and the return turns out to be Delta via JFK, would I get tier points MCO-JFK and JFK-MCO or just JFK-MCO or not at all ?

thanks

David

(oh and pleasantly surprised to find VS still flying to MCO ex EDI mid October !)

You’ll get tier points for the DL leg MCO > JFK based on the fare bucket. See VS site for details. Then JFK > EDI tier points.

I think there are still some DL fare buckets that don’t earn Tier Points. So check your ticket and cross reference to the table on the VS site under airline partners.