This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962301 by NYC123
03 Sep 2023, 18:27
From looking at current availability for next July it seems they release 2 PE and 2 UC for flights. Thing is I'm after 3 in PE, assume only real option is to hold fire or book two PE and one EC and cross my fingers?
#962302 by mitchja
03 Sep 2023, 18:53
Correct as VS only initially release x2 Upper, x2 Premium and x8 Economy reward seats on every flight.

More may be released later unless you are Flying Club Gold where you can book any reward seat even if there’s none left by spending double the usual number of points.
#962303 by CommanderB
03 Sep 2023, 19:17
More seats do regularly open up on the quieter flights. So book the economy seat and then try and upgrade later.
#962304 by David
04 Sep 2023, 09:29
Jumping onto this thread - does anyone know how accurate the new reward finder page is ? I've seen some discrepancy between it and the actual booking page and was wondering which one is more accurate ?

thanks

David
#962305 by mitchja
04 Sep 2023, 09:47
It’s not very accurate as last time I looked, that reward finder said there was no G reward availability on the dates I wanted, yet the booking engine did show reward G availability.

The booking engine is the most accurate.
#962358 by EstelleB
10 Sep 2023, 12:11
I've done this (booked one person in a different cabin until they release more) and it works, but they will create two separate bookings which is a bit of a pain.

Last year I was able to upgrade after a few weeks, but also tracked things and they released so many more seats for our route closer to the time (2-3 months) that I wonder if it is better to hold your nerve and wait!
#962365 by NYC123
11 Sep 2023, 12:11
EstelleB wrote:I've done this (booked one person in a different cabin until they release more) and it works, but they will create two separate bookings which is a bit of a pain.

Last year I was able to upgrade after a few weeks, but also tracked things and they released so many more seats for our route closer to the time (2-3 months) that I wonder if it is better to hold your nerve and wait!

Thanks, think that's what I'll do... wasted a lot on recent trip as rebooked several times changing destinations and dates.
Virgin Atlantic