This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962227 by spacedog
19 Aug 2023, 11:57
Long story short: found reasonably priced business class tickets to Stuttgart with KLM to retain Au & go to car museums. At LBA, KLM representative refuses to print paper boarding passes and insists we use mobile ones. Rookie mistake by me, I only queried this once & gave up as she was quite hostile about it. On way back from STR no issue getting paper tix.

Miles/TP don't credit, so I chase this up. Inbound paper boarding passes no issue, but outbound electronic passes don't work as no flight class. I've finally managed to chase down KLM who kindly sent me proof of class of travel, but it's listed as O, which doesn't seem to exist. Weirdly both outbound and inbound are showing up as O on their proof of travel, but on our inbound paper tickets it said C. I have a feeling I'm going to miss out on the TP. I think I'll mainly miss the Au helpline... They're so nice!
#962228 by CommanderB
19 Aug 2023, 12:14
What do the fare codes say on the e-ticket you got emailed after purchase?
#962229 by spacedog
19 Aug 2023, 12:31
Hi CommanderB! The receipt for purchase also says O, but I'm certain when I was buying them I bought Z and C.
#962230 by CommanderB
19 Aug 2023, 12:36
spacedog wrote:Hi CommanderB! The receipt for purchase also says O, but I'm certain when I was buying them I bought Z and C.

Did you buy online or over the phone?
#962233 by CommanderB
19 Aug 2023, 18:46
I think you're going to have trouble convincing them to give you the tier points now.

If it was on the phone and someone made a mistake, you could argue that. But if you bought it online and didn't check the fare buckets etc, they're probably not going to have much sympathy.

Sorry! I feel for you :-(
#962234 by spacedog
19 Aug 2023, 19:55
Thank you. I thought as much. It's just so weird as I'm certain I booked in Z and C, and the inbound boarding pass states C. I'll never let anyone fob me off with a mobile boarding pass again. :-(
#962405 by CommanderB
18 Sep 2023, 11:28
I just did some KLM reward flights and my boarding passes showed as C fares (revenue) but my e-ticket was O fares (reward).

I reckon theres some gremlins between VS codeshares and KLM flights. Feels like someone hasn't done the fare mappings correctly. The trip went well so I didn't need to make any changes, that would have been the real test of what fare bucket was actually being used because the staff would have had to dig into it in detail.
Virgin Atlantic