This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962467 by SashaE80
28 Sep 2023, 09:56
We are heading off from LHR to MCO soon. Unfortunately virgin managed to completely naff up our flights.
Anyway we are now travelling at different times on the same day. Given our distance from the airport we are still arriving as a group around 7.30am. Given my flight is 3.40pm will we be able to bag drop that early?
I'm considering leaving after bag drop and doing something locally and returning at a more reasonable time.
Our other option is packing light and letting those on the first flight take all the luggage, not ideal but possibly do-able.
#962468 by mitchja
28 Sep 2023, 10:07
Yes, there’s usually no issues checking bags in early at LHR.
#962469 by ukcobra
28 Sep 2023, 10:47
Given that the mix up is not of your doing, then I don't think you will have any issues in dropping your bags at the time you mentioned as the desks are open from earlier than the time you plan to get there.
I always used to turn up 4 hours before to enjoy the Clubhouse, as it has been some time since my last visit.
Hope it goes well.
#962470 by SashaE80
28 Sep 2023, 11:47
Thanks all, that's great to hear. I'd love to be in the club house, but we lost that with their mistake and are now heading PE. I've tried persuading them into lounge access but no luck so far. Fingers crossed I may meet someone sensible at bag drop, hopefully as we are there so early if they have any space we might be able to get on an earlier flight.

Please don't tell me there's no chance because i'm holding onto that at the moment!
#962502 by RichardPacey
04 Oct 2023, 09:56
There will be no issue with this. I asked this exact same question when flying out from LHR to TPA

We were getting the sleeper train from Scotland for our flight at 11am-ish but then it got moved to 4.30pm a few months out.

We decided to make a day of it and still turned up at the airport about 8am and checked in our bags and then went back into London to do some touristy stuff for half a day and turned up back at LHR at 2.30pm to walk straight into security. We were Economy so happy to spend as little time in the terminal as possible.

No questions were asked and it wasn't an issue at all.
Virgin Atlantic