This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962699 by CraigWatson
28 Oct 2023, 17:06
Hi all,

Myself and the wife have just cashed in oodles of existing points and around 8 years of AmEx points on a trip to NYC for our anniversary next February - flying UC.

We'll be driving to LHR that day, and would normally use the offiical Heathrow Meet & Greet service as we've had nothing but good experiences there. Last time we made a similar trip we upgraded from Premium to UC on the way to the airport with cash, so didn't get much of a chance to plan ahead.

I'm aware that Virgin themselves don't offer a valet parking service (although they used to) and I've already enquired about Heathrow's official service and they do not offer collection from the UC Wing - a missed oportunity IMO.

This leaves me with either booking terminal forecourt valet or Short Stay Meet & Greet with Heathrow, using the regular check-in area and taking the short-cut through to the UC security checks, but I'm wondering if there are any repulable companies in the area that would offer valet parking and a shuttle taxi to the UC Wing?

Cheers,
Craig
#962703 by tontybear
28 Oct 2023, 21:41
It wasn’t VS that offered the service from the Wing but Purple Parking. (Obviously with Virgins permission)
#962713 by mikethe3rd
29 Oct 2023, 02:51
I don’t know of any firms, but by the time you take your bags out of one car and load into the other, you may as well have walked to the UC desks from valet. You can also sometimes end up waiting in the car at the wing barrier for 3-5mins.

The wing drop off area is superb but only if you’re organically getting dropped off in a car. I wouldn’t go to extra effort or cost to use it.
#962719 by Scarebus350
29 Oct 2023, 13:25
The only option I can suggest is booking an airport hotel for the night before and dropping your car off in the parking that night and booking a car from your hotel to the drive through checkin. The cost of the extra night’s parking plus a hotel (unless you’ve got some hotel miles to redeem) might just be a waste of money though.

Not sure it’s worth it unless you value the use of the drive through checkin
#962720 by Claphambear
29 Oct 2023, 16:06
mikethe3rd wrote:I don’t know of any firms, but by the time you take your bags out of one car and load into the other, you may as well have walked to the UC desks from valet. You can also sometimes end up waiting in the car at the wing barrier for 3-5mins.

The wing drop off area is superb but only if you’re organically getting dropped off in a car. I wouldn’t go to extra effort or cost to use it.

I 100% agree

The once quiet haven of the Upper Class wing is over now more can use it. We were stacked up on the main road well before the barrier last Thursday then when we go through (after a good 15 mins wait) it took half an hour to Checkin and clear security as it was incredibly busy. Checking agent apologised but said it is like that most mid mornings now
#962722 by CommanderB
29 Oct 2023, 16:38
Claphambear wrote:
mikethe3rd wrote:I don’t know of any firms, but by the time you take your bags out of one car and load into the other, you may as well have walked to the UC desks from valet. You can also sometimes end up waiting in the car at the wing barrier for 3-5mins.

I 100% agree

The once quiet haven of the Upper Class wing is over now more can use it. We were stacked up on the main road well before the barrier last Thursday then when we go through (after a good 15 mins wait) it took half an hour to Checkin and clear security as it was incredibly busy. Checking agent apologised but said it is like that most mid mornings now

There’s definitely a morning rush. But the last three of times I’ve been, mid/late morning I’ve been the only one there! So it’s very hit & miss.
#962729 by tontybear
30 Oct 2023, 04:30
Louie84x wrote:Not valet but we always park at the Renaissance hotel (with or without a hotel stay) and Uber to UC wing. It’s very close, only about £7 in an Uber

It’s going to be getting on for £ 12 now with addition of the airport drop off fee of £ 5.
#962769 by mikethe3rd
11 Nov 2023, 00:13
Great! If you’re looking for dinner, I’d recommend Steak & Lobster at the Rad Blu across the road… arguably one of the best eateries within walking distance.

Hope you have an enjoyable trip and very early happy anniversary wishes!
Virgin Atlantic