This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962832 by getinjonathan
25 Nov 2023, 11:05
Thought I'd share this with you even though many of you will know this little trick.

I had two return VS flights booked using miles for December and January. The mileage was pretty hefty. Using an alert I had set up on SeatSpy I called the call centre yesterday to get myself onto a A339 rather than an A350. Boom! I had a considerable 33% miles refunded on both my flights due to the current sale that is going on. So in total, I had an impressive 68k miles returned to me across two return flight (LON-NYC)

As Gold, there was no change fee and my flights now actually suit me better.
#962845 by dmc
27 Nov 2023, 01:43
Just curious, does this also happen in reverse - ie if you buy a full reward seat with points in the sale with 33% off, what happens if you later have to change the outbound/return date after the sale's over - do you then have to pay the additional points?
#962846 by mitchja
27 Nov 2023, 09:15
dmc wrote:Just curious, does this also happen in reverse - ie if you buy a full reward seat with points in the sale with 33% off, what happens if you later have to change the outbound/return date after the sale's over - do you then have to pay the additional points?

Yes, you would have to hand over the difference in points if you change your dates.