This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962864 by International Hitman
28 Nov 2023, 17:33
Hi All,

I have an unused travel voucher issued during lock down.

Postponed trip was for May 2022 and was UC reward flight but using the last of my FlyingCo miles [not to be confused with Flying club miles] -- I was told by FlyingCo the voucher would last for 2 years but I have been told today it expires 31st December [trip has to be completed by that date]
Obviously FlyingCo no longer exists and therefore I cannot discuss with anyone there, VS agents today state nothing they can do etc....

If I redeem voucher now for any flight before 31st of December is there anyway I can postpone/amend the flight before flight is due to depart? [albeit at a fee/charge]

I'm not trying to break the rules here, just bend them slightly by trying to make use of a voucher that doesn't show in my account and I genuinely thought would be 2 years from date of flight not from date of booking [It was to attend a exhibition that is the same month every year]

Any comments/tips gratefully received

John
#962872 by CommanderB
28 Nov 2023, 22:38
The only thing worth trying here - and YMMV - is book a flight to somewhere you want to go. Then ring up again after its ticketed and try to change it to get around the rules. It's not uncommon for agents to not notice this kind of thing. Just try and do something you know isn't possible and play dumb. See what happens. I've done it before and had pleasant results.
#962875 by International Hitman
29 Nov 2023, 10:12
CommanderB wrote:The only thing worth trying here - and YMMV - is book a flight to somewhere you want to go. Then ring up again after its ticketed and try to change it to get around the rules. It's not uncommon for agents to not notice this kind of thing. Just try and do something you know isn't possible and play dumb. See what happens. I've done it before and had pleasant results.

Thanks CommanderB --- I'll try that and update if I'm successful [or not]

Can I also take this opportunity to thank you for your two sticky posts last October --- both very helpful :-D
#962876 by CommanderB
29 Nov 2023, 12:17
International Hitman wrote:
Can I also take this opportunity to thank you for your two sticky posts last October --- both very helpful :-D

You're very welcome!

Fun fact, some of the VS upgrade procedures in the Clubhouse got changed specifically because I pointed out that the ticketing agents didn't have a clue what they were talking about :-D