This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962827 by mitchja
24 Nov 2023, 12:44
The second daily BOS flight is back along with an extra LHR>JFK service and continuing the 2 daily flights to MIA. From VS Trade:

Changes to our Summer'24 schedule

We are delighted to announce some enhancements to our Summer 2024 schedule. Firstly, we will introduce a second daily service from London Heathrow to Boston. Additionally, we will boost connectivity by adding a seventh daily flight to JFK and doubling our daily flights to Miami. These changes aim to provide more flexibility for your busy customers, aligning their schedules more seamlessly with our departure options.

Along with the already announced MAN>LAS service starting 2nd June:

Manchester in June - Ready, set, Vegas

Big news. If your customers are planning a trip to Las Vegas, they’ll soon be able to double down on their flight options, because we’re bringing back our popular ex-Manchester route. This neon-lit playground of Vegas makes it easy to impress the most discerning clients, with its cutting-edge conference venues, fine dining, dazzling entertainment and unforgettable views of the Strip. Our summer seasonal flights from Manchester join our daily Heathrow service from summer 2024, departing three times a week on our beautiful A350 aircraft. And they're ready to book right now.
#962886 by Joshl257
01 Dec 2023, 18:24
I was hoping we would get the return of the LAX flight from Manchester but LAS is better than nothing. LHR JFK in the money route so I’m not surprised they are upping capacity. More A339’s will be coming next year so I can see JFK and BOS getting most of those.
#962920 by VS075
07 Dec 2023, 23:05
Lukecouchman wrote:
CommanderB wrote:I’ve heard rumours of MAN-LAX returning. So I wouldn’t give up hope completely.

Would this just be summer? I’m considering an LA trip in the autumn/winter during NFL season

When it ran prior to COVID it was summer-only, likewise with the MAN-SFO route that operated for two years before it.

MAN-LAS used to be year-round once, but that was cut back to seasonal years ago.
#962923 by starquake
09 Dec 2023, 09:27
I do wonder about MAN -LAS in summer. I mean it makes sense because of WSOP, but it's arguably the worst time to go to LAS for many of us Brits as it's just too hot June -> early Sept from my personal experience.

Is it just me who always goes April, late Sept, Oct or Nov?
#962928 by laviation
09 Dec 2023, 20:46
I believe LAS was 3 pw before the collapse of Thomas Cook - it was to be increased to 6x weekly and extended year round with 2x weekly however obviously the C-word set in and the route was cut
#962935 by VS075
10 Dec 2023, 18:02
laviation wrote:I believe LAS was 3 pw before the collapse of Thomas Cook - it was to be increased to 6x weekly and extended year round with 2x weekly however obviously the C-word set in and the route was cut

It was similar with MAN-BGI. Frequency increased after Thomas Cook collapsed including in the summer months, then a couple of years ago the decision was taken to reduce it to a seasonal winter route despite bookings already being taken for summer 2022 and those of us who were affected reading about it first on the internet. >-(
#962942 by Joshl257
11 Dec 2023, 16:06
I had MAN LAX booed for the summer of 2020 then covid happened. As people have pointed out with the collapse of Thomas Cook you would think Virgin would get things boxed off. Aer Lingus are competing on JFK and MCO. Let's see what VS do I would have thought demand would be there for a 3 times a week service. Maybe they are waiting to get more A330 NEO like when they launch Tampa flight.
#962963 by laviation
14 Dec 2023, 17:54
The rumour currently is that the next Virgin expansion out of MAN will be to India (Delhi / Mumbai), most probably in the winter - these will be filled with connecting pax that will give US flights a little top up - I would imagine LAX will come in Summer 2025.
Last edited by laviation on 08 Jan 2024, 04:41, edited 2 times in total.
#962996 by VS075
18 Dec 2023, 20:42
laviation wrote:The rumour currently is that the next Virgin expansion out of MAN will be to India (Delhi / Mumbai), most probably in the winter - these will be filled with connecting pax that will give US flights a little top up - I would imagine LAX will come in Summer 2025.

It wouldn’t be the first time VS attempted either/both of DEL and BOM, though the period of time VS tried to launch these initially didn’t help followed by the recent concentration on LHR ops at the expense of regional flying. The demand is there and Jet Airways fed the VS flights before they went bust.

Either way, if VS are now back to expanding at MAN, these kind of routes along with others that have previously been operated (LAX) or cancelled before launch (MBJ) are the ones that should be done first.
Virgin Atlantic