Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#962939 by roadrunner
10 Dec 2023, 20:13
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Having decided to opt for the new ($1 fare!) almost direct bus to Boston so we didn't have a parking cost for three weeks in Framingham, we left earlier than we might have had we driven.
The bus was late. Then the driver got lost. Sitting in the front seat, we helped him navigate back roads until we could finally hook up with a Mass Pike entrance. He very kindly dropped us off right at the Pru door, where we could get the Back Bay Logan Express to TE.
We had hoped to check in, drop our bags and have an early meal but the VS kiosks, again way down back near oversized luggage, did not open for VS 12 until the Delta flights were checked in. Many of us sat or stood for well over an hour waiting for check in, children and parents particularly challenged by the wait. When we were finally in line, we waited again as staff took people in some mysterious order but once up, we asked for bulkhead and got it, so all good.

TSA is still a nightmare in TE but once through we had just two hours til boarding. Shrimp cocktail, chowder and a beer at Legal Seafood, a wander through duty free a newspaper and a seat by the window, we watched our plane readied for flight.
Once boarded, we found plenty of overhead room on the NEO, the seats were comfortable (I know they are smaller but that didn't seem to be a problem) and we were served tepid Prosecco in warm glasses. PE seats seem all to be over the wing more or less, which is an odd arrangement, but the bulkhead windows gave some vantage viewing. The travel cameras and map are riveting, so it didn't feel a loss as ours was a night flight and a morning of solid cloud.

Meals came, not remarkably good or bad, but I will never understand why a reputable airline serving PE offers its mediocre wine in a can. A film, some sleep and we were over Ireland, headed to Heathrow for an easy landing, efficient disembarking and the long hike to immigration where the lines were about an hour- not bad for high summer.

Luggage came off a lot more quickly than our last trip and we were off.

Relatively good flight other than the check in and late leaving time. Plusses were NEO overall seems a good PE product but the toilets were very small, not very clean. PE proximity to the kitchen meant noise which is understandable, but curtains were never drawn and the bright lights stayed on all night. Rethinking PE/UC despite having many points as accompanying fees just get higher and higher. UC on the NEO (took a walk :) seemed kind of well, garish, but it was completely full which is good for VS but this is our third flight where it was clear that PE and Y were given rapid service with crew then assigned to UC for pretty much the duration.
Did I say that I for one, am really tired of the safety video?