This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962977 by EstelleB
17 Dec 2023, 15:28
I was hoping to get the wisdom of those on here who often know more than the actual staff at VA to check if what I have been told is correct?

Our outbound flight next August MAN-MCO has just had a schedule change making it 2 hours 20 minutes earlier, and this is a real pain for us in terms of getting to the airport. I called to check my options and the guy I spoke to (who did seem to know his stuff) said that because it is within the 3 hour change window, in order to move to the later flight that day there would need to be reward availability, which currently there isn't.

There are plenty of UC revenue seats left on the later flight, so I will keep checking for them releasing any more reward seats, but it's a 350 and there are fewer UC seats to begin with so I'm not holding out too much hope for another 3 reward seats. Just wondered if anyone had experienced this before and knew if this was right? Cheers
#962984 by mitchja
17 Dec 2023, 20:47
Yes, the agent is correct, you have very few options if a schedule change is <3hrs and/or is more than 2 weeks before your departure date.