This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963025 by mitchja
23 Dec 2023, 12:08
VS have announced the following extra flights for the Winter 2024 - 2025 season:

MLE (Maldives) increases from x3 weekly to x7 (daily) from Oct 27th
DXB (Dubai) increases from x3 weekly to x7 (daily) from Oct 26th
BGI (Barbados) increases to x14 (twice daily) from LHR along with x4 from MAN also from Oct 27th

Everything has gone on sale from today.
#963030 by Kraken
23 Dec 2023, 20:43
I can't work out what Virgin are thinking with the DXB route - in London alone they are up against Emirates with multiple daily flights from all 3 main London airports. Then add on BA twice daily from Heathrow. Then add on all the Emirates flights from regional airports. Living in the East Midlands the UC fare on Virgin would have to be a killer almost "too good to be true" to make me go to Heathrow for the Clubhouse. Emirates from Manchester of Birmingham would get my business.

I have heard the Virgin Atlantic Holidays (not Virgin Holidays, even though they still use the Virgin Holidays web address) twice on the radio today - so maybe they are getting a big Virgin Atlantic Holidays feed for the DXB service. That said I just pinged a random week's dates in for next June to go to Dubai from Manchester and Virgin Holidays were booking you on Emirates flights - the same from Birmingham too.
#963036 by Claphambear
24 Dec 2023, 12:56
Good to see DXB back to daily - we will be using this again for sure (much prefer it over BA First on the dated A380 or Emirates which is too blingy and impersonal service for our liking)
#963063 by starquake
01 Jan 2024, 21:13
I'm also sure the Barbados increase is down to the P&O ships based in the region over the period in question (They start/end at BGI).. A lot of people were "unhappy" about being downgraded from premium cabins to an all Y charter ... and likely with P&O having at least 2 Barbados based ships with ~ 2-5000 pax to swap in over 2 days twice a week that jsut the P&O charter bookings in W and J (and partly Y), will masively help VS's bottom line.
Virgin Atlantic