This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963060 by 5549
08 Dec 2021, 18:52
Just taken my supervised covid test. -ve so all good.

Uploaded to their system and its rejecting the test saying its invalid type or outside the window???

Anyone got any ideas? I on the phone to customer services but saying 2 hours to get through :(
#963062 by 5549
08 Dec 2021, 19:19
DOCHQ.
As far as I can see everything is present on the certificate.
They have QR code etc and all the info on the test.
I am now an hour late leaving a total ball ache thanks Virgin.
I suspect customer service is going to close before I get through.
#963070 by Lindsk
09 Dec 2021, 05:46
The same has just happened to us. I panicked a bit at first but tweeted Virgin and they said they’ve heard this quite a bit over the past few days, and to just go the airport on Friday and check with the check in staff there. Helpful….
After a bit of research across the different social channels, there are quite a few people having this problem.
Maybe Trustassure should rephrase the rejection email and say they are having trouble reading the certificates …
#963074 by 5549
09 Dec 2021, 10:22
Yep sorted at check in now sat in the clubhouse :)

TBH they really do need to get that sorted because the rejection message is literally "your test results have failed and you need to get another test".... which is not what you want if you already have a lot of stress. Something like "we cant read this document so you will need to present it at check in" would be a lot better!
#963075 by woralla
09 Dec 2021, 11:56
I used the upload functionality yesterday for my flight today. It worked well, although it did take about 5 mins to confirm documents for each person.
When I then did online check-in the digital boarding pass had ‘FLYRDY’ on it.
That didn’t stop the check-in assistant asking for the documents again this morning though.
Now drinking champagne to relax in the Clubhouse!
#963076 by OCdreamin
09 Dec 2021, 12:40
woralla wrote:I used the upload functionality yesterday for my flight today. It worked well, although it did take about 5 mins to confirm documents for each person.
When I then did online check-in the digital boarding pass had ‘FLYRDY’ on it.
That didn’t stop the check-in assistant asking for the documents again this morning though.
Now drinking champagne to relax in the Clubhouse!

How and where specifically do I upload the documents please?
Haven't been able to find it on website nor App so far.
Thanks.
#963077 by mitchja
09 Dec 2021, 12:43
You can’t use the app to upload anything. There should be a link to the upload section within your online booking when using a desktop browser.
#963079 by OCdreamin
09 Dec 2021, 13:28
mitchja wrote:You can’t use the app to upload anything. There should be a link to the upload section within your online booking when using a desktop browser.

Looking at the booking on laptop browser now. Unfortunately I am not able to find any link.
#963122 by gedjpm
10 Dec 2021, 19:36
I'm having the same issue now, ended up going to get a second covid-19 test in case there was something wrong with the first one! Still no look. I have had an antigen test which looking on-line appears to be acceptable - can any one confirm?
#963133 by VS0069
12 Dec 2021, 11:32
Interestingly two of my friends have had this issue one with VS when we went for a quick jolly and one with another carrier - The systems read the tests we upload not actual people so I’d imagine it doesn’t recognise the varied formats of tests. You do not need to do second tests. Your tests will be verified at the airport versus ahead of time through the apps for speed and convenience.
Virgin Atlantic