This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963175 by tonyracks
21 Jan 2024, 02:40
we have booked a uber to go from the rennaissance hotel heathrow to go to the upper class wing ............. i booked it today 21/01/2024
we will stay at the hotel 5th march overnight and then go to airport ... i got a email form uber to say .....your trip has been scheduled is it reliable that they will turn up at the time we want as my wife is a bit nervous that it wont turn up
#963176 by mikethe3rd
21 Jan 2024, 10:18
I’m surprised you’re able to book an Uber that far in advance! The general idea with Uber is that it’s on demand and you could request one 5 minutes before you’re ready to go. That said, I’ve used the pre-order once before (albeit, a couple of hours before) and everything worked.

I would guess that whilst the consumer facing app is using “pre-book” terminology, in reality, your booking will just come alive to a pool of drivers 10 minutes before the scheduled time.

Yes, it will show up and everything will be fine.

Enjoy the views from your room!
#963177 by Nottingham Nick
21 Jan 2024, 10:26
I have always understood that pre-booking Ubers is MUCH more expensive than ordering them as you require them.

Like Mike, I have never had a problem getting a car almost instantly from any of the Bath Road hotels (including the Renaissance) - there always seems to be loads of them parked up in the area waiting for jobs.

Nick
#963178 by mitchja
21 Jan 2024, 10:30
Do bear in mind that there is an extra charge for pre-booking with Uber. When I did this in the US, it was an extra $10.

It's will be listed on your receipt as a 'reservation fee'

Pre-booking isn't worth it with Uber IMHO.
#963180 by tonyracks
21 Jan 2024, 17:55
nottingham nick £13.50
i think the shuttle bus would be about £12 for 2pax and the bus will not go to the upper class wing lolol
#963182 by chumba
21 Jan 2024, 19:10
Don't bother pre booking from The Rennaisance. I've stayed there a few times and always had an Uber arrive within minutes. A lot of drivers wait just outside it in the mornings.
#963190 by VS075
22 Jan 2024, 21:02
When we stayed at the Renaissance in 2022 I just pre-ordered from the desk they have there. It was between £14-16 though, but then taxis round there are expensive for a short distance.
Virgin Atlantic