This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963239 by Miss G
29 Jan 2024, 16:41
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked tonnes. I tried to search but didn't find anything specifically about this.

I'm looking to book PE seats between MAN and MCO for travel later this year, but when I get to select seats, they're all full or crossed off. Does this mean we'd likely be bumped to economy or will we just be allocated one of the crossed off seats at check in?

Thanks in advance.
#963241 by CommanderB
29 Jan 2024, 17:46
More than likely you’ll be allocated something at the airport. Bulkhead seats if you’re lucky!

Bumping (up or down) will get done once check in is closed and they know exactly how many passengers they have. You may find they give offers at check in as well for voluntary downgrades with compensation, so ask about that.
#963244 by Miss G
29 Jan 2024, 21:15
Thanks, that's really helpful. I was considering booking BA instead because of this, because I don't want to pay for PE only to be told we don't have seats.
#963246 by tontybear
30 Jan 2024, 10:26
Miss G wrote:Thanks, that's really helpful. I was considering booking BA instead because of this, because I don't want to pay for PE only to be told we don't have seats.

This happens with BA as well.
#963254 by Miss G
30 Jan 2024, 17:57
flyingfox wrote:The first few rows of PE are also available to choose for a fee in advance ( preferred seating ) the option to pick is in the “Manage my Booking” area.

These aren't starred, they're not even available, they're just crossed out completely and not available.
Virgin Atlantic