This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963272 by Treelo
04 Feb 2024, 13:33
I'm guessing that the MAN Clubhouse won't be open for our forthcoming trip (29 Apr) so can anyone please advise what lounge UC pax use? Also does anyone have any feedback on it? Thanks
#963273 by mitchja
04 Feb 2024, 13:58
VS use the 1903 lounge at MAN. Whilst it's no Clubhouse it's a step-up from the former Escape lounge. Reasonable semi-self service food and self-service drinks. There are 2 hot drink machine though 1 is usually only working. Decent views of the airfield. Seating can be an issue when it's busy. WiFi is OK (ish) but mobile coverage is rubbish in that lounge.

I posted a couple of pics some time ago here (that was during COVID with only 1 BGI VS flight operating hence the lack other pax in those photos).

As with all airports, don't spend any longer there then you need to (though there are no entry time restrictions for airline premium pax).

Depending on which gates you get, it's a 10-20min walk to them (A gates are longest walk), B gates are bus/remote stands and the 2xx gates are the old T2 stands.
#963274 by Treelo
04 Feb 2024, 14:02
Thanks, James for the informative (and prompt) reply. Bit the bullet and upgraded with the help of a very efficient and knowledgeable operative, in Manilla!
#963276 by Kraken
04 Feb 2024, 16:46
I had my 3rd visit to the 1903 lounge as an UC passenger this morning. TR's of the previous two trips are on here, but can summarised as 1st visit being rubbish, lounge was too busy. 2nd visit way better & lounge not too busy. A delightful "lounge dragon" on the entry desk both times who has clearly been ejected from charm school.

Today's visit was much better. There was a slight queue to get in as the Escape Lounge that uses the same entry desk was at capacity and the staff were turning more than a few people away. Got in the 1903 lounge and it was two thirds full at most, so easy to get seats near. Also pleasing to see that the lovely "lounge dragon" from previous visits was on table clearing / cleaning duties today :-)