This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963811 by dmc
18 Apr 2024, 17:53
I'm flying UC LHR to ATL in a few weeks, I have VS Gold - and I have a same day connection from ATL to AUS on Delta in First, but I had to book it on a separate itinerary as Virgin were unable to add it to my existing booking.

I know normally I would have access to the Sky Club in Atlanta, but I'm assuming the fact it's on a separate booking will make this impossible. Does anyone know if that's the case, or whether I should try it?
Last edited by dmc on 18 Apr 2024, 21:06, edited 2 times in total.
#963812 by OliverD241
18 Apr 2024, 18:20
You will not be able to access the lounge I am afraid; as it is not on the same booking. You could see passes for other nearby lounges. It is unfair that on a separate bookings; but I guess it’s to keep the lounges from becoming extremely busy
#963813 by CJ17
18 Apr 2024, 20:04
OliverD241 wrote:You will not be able to access the lounge I am afraid; as it is not on the same booking. You could see passes for other nearby lounges. It is unfair that on a separate bookings; but I guess it’s to keep the lounges from becoming extremely busy

I don't think this is accurate. OP is VS Gold, where SkyTeam Elite Plus rules apply (source: delta.com):

SkyTeam Elite Plus customers (excluding Delta Medallion Members) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight* or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta –or any other SkyTeam partner—flight) will receive Delta Sky Club access with up to one guest.

And from SkyTeam lounge access policy (source):

SkyTeam Elite Plus members, regardless of their travel class, are allowed access to a SkyTeam lounge at a particular airport if traveling on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Simply present your boarding passes and a valid Elite Plus membership card for the lounge agent to validate for admission.

Just be ready to show your boarding pass from VS and your VS Gold credential.
#963814 by OliverD241
18 Apr 2024, 20:44
I have been denied this in the past when it was not on the same ticket.

In T&CS on delta it does states “ During a layover between Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flights on the same ticket, you may visit the Delta Sky Club in your connecting airport at any time during the layover”.. so pretty sure it needs to be on the same ticket.

Since the INT-DOM is not on same ticket, it’s not connecting flights therefore they may not grant access. I would still try though.
#963815 by dmc
18 Apr 2024, 20:53
Thanks guys - I've seen conflicting answers on different forums - and even the various wording on the Delta website isn't exactly clear, so thought I'd try here, as there's normally at least one person who's actually done it (or not)!

The section about the SkyTeam Elite+ access doesn't specifically say about same itinerary, but also doesn't clearly say the opposite either. The wording about "During a layover between Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flights on the same ticket..." seems to be in the Amex section of the Ts & Cs, so not really applicable directly.

I'm planning to give it a go, will make sure I have printed boarding passes for both and hand them over and plead ignorance.
Virgin Atlantic