#181991 by RichardMannion
25 Aug 2007, 12:52
Originally posted by Howard Long
I have come to the stage of my life where I don't do queuing, and, if I'm honest, one can never have enough quality brown nosing.

:D - Quality! I think I must be old now...

Seriously though, the FRA F terminal looks a very interesting concept. I feel a small V-Flyer expedition next year to investigate the facility. Actually small correction, my dearly beloved has just piped up to inform me the LH fly from FRA to JNB/CPT, so that's that done then. :)

Thanks,
Richard
#181992 by Guest
25 Aug 2007, 13:22
I agree Howard. As one who has never flown economy or PE in my life I fly J when my company pays and F when I pay (and UCS for the first time next feb en famille ) I may be missing something at the back of the plane but at my age I am not going to try and find out what - I might try PE when I meet middle age and fancy a small crisis !!
Ian
#181995 by RichardMannion
25 Aug 2007, 14:06
Originally posted by hackneyguy
As one who has never flown economy or PE in my life I fly J when my company pays and F when I pay (and UCS for the first time next feb en famille )

Did you never go on holiday as a child then? Or was the silver spoon firmly in place from birth?

So as a Premier, I take you never fly on the BA Shuttle flights for domestic?

Thanks,
Richard
#182005 by mcmbenjamin
25 Aug 2007, 18:32
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Originally posted by hackneyguy
As one who has never flown economy or PE in my life I fly J when my company pays and F when I pay (and UCS for the first time next feb en famille )

Did you never go on holiday as a child then? Or was the silver spoon firmly in place from birth?

So as a Premier, I take you never fly on the BA Shuttle flights for domestic?

Private Helicopter.
#182055 by jaguarpig
27 Aug 2007, 10:05
In my experience:

Drink: On High revenue flights champagne perrior jouet belle epoque is served (yum !)- whilst to middle east it is Piper Heidsieck (Yuk). Lower qualitity spirits too - no Tanquery 10 just Tanquery and I would be suprised if they carried JD etc.

That is totally untrue the champagne and booze are the same in BA F on all flights whatever the destination.The champagne is rotated approx every 3 months.At present it has just changed from the PJ BE 97 to Charles Heidsieck blanc des millenaires 95,this is drinking very well.The only difference you get on BA F is the crew.We had an absolute shocker to HKG last week (very expensive route),hope the one back home tonight is better.The Last Piper that was served in F was the 96 Rare and I wouldn't rate that as Yuk either.On middle east routes you can still dine anytime from any combination on the menu as long as there is time for the crew to prepare the food and serve before landing.
#182080 by napamatt
27 Aug 2007, 18:45
My F experience is with SAA (flying on mileage tickets). Excellent food service and quality, nothing too much trouble. Fantastic SA wines, can't remember the champers but it was good. The SAA bed is very comfortable. Lounges are not a patch on VS, even the FC lounge at JNB doesn't compare favourably with the Virgin lounge there, except they do have TV, instead of that ridiculous glass screen which has worked once in the last five years I have been flying the route.

My other experience was on Lufthansa. We got stuck in JNB when SAA went on strike, corporate travel got me back to the states on Lufthansa in a First / Business combo (only seats available) for many $$$. At Frankfurt we were upgraded to first at the gate, so didn't enjoy any extras. Though the FC lounge there was nice.
Meal service on Lufthansa was extremely slow, and the side by side beds in the 747 bubble, were very comfortable but lack of access to the aisle was a big negative.
#182088 by NS
27 Aug 2007, 23:39
Thank you for everyones comments on BA's First Class! I hope the following is of interest -

I read today (although not exactly new news) about the SQ A380 premium classes:

"Customers on the Singapore Airlines A380, particularly in the premium classes, will notice a distinctly different cabin product and will be able to enjoy the greater luxury and comfort that the increased space on this aircraft affords"

Full article

Does anyone think this will be a different product to that offered on the 77W? And would this be the benchmark for BA to hit/improve on?
#182100 by Howard Long
28 Aug 2007, 11:20
Originally posted by NS
Thank you for everyones comments on BA's First Class! I hope the following is of interest -

I read today (although not exactly new news) about the SQ A380 premium classes:

"Customers on the Singapore Airlines A380, particularly in the premium classes, will notice a distinctly different cabin product and will be able to enjoy the greater luxury and comfort that the increased space on this aircraft affords"

Full article

Does anyone think this will be a different product to that offered on the 77W? And would this be the benchmark for BA to hit/improve on?

My understanding is that the J product will be similar to that on the 77W. However, they are being very tight lipped about F other than saying they've 'redifined' it. Over on SQTalk, I see someone's paid S$380,000 on a buy it now for the first pair of F seats on the innaugural flight - that's GBP125,000.
Virgin Atlantic