#19347 by jerseyboy
20 May 2007, 13:05
Came across this on a trawl of the online newspapers, BA plans to launch all-premium class between US and Mainland Europe, possibly using 757's and 767's.

Seems like a good move to me. I wonder if it takes off will they eventually follow suite and offer such flights from the U.K as well?
LINK HERE

I wonder if V/S will follow if BA are successful with this?

Jerseyboy
#172156 by VS045
20 May 2007, 21:50
BA has a strong premium brand presence in the US and trans-atlantic all biz class travel started off on the mainland so I'm sure if anyone can make a success of it BA can. Having said that, quite a lot of similar operations have been springing up lately, potentially
causing a problem from over-supply in the future.[:?]

#172248 by dickoon
21 May 2007, 16:07
Turnabout is fair play, as they say; the question this raises in my mind is whether or not any continental European operations are likely to start either all-premium or all-class flights from the UK to the US. For instance, if L'Avion have been getting the poor load factors that their Wikipedia article suggests, might they not decide they would fancy their chances on a LON-US route? Likewise Privatair have been running transatlantic all-business since at least 2003; might they plausibly want to run services from the UK as well?

*strokes chin thoughtfully*
Chris

(edited because I never pay attention to the words "HTML is OFF")
#181466 by jtlc2345
19 Aug 2007, 11:30
According to the Sunday Times this morning, the flights from mainland Europe will be operated by B757s in a 2-class configuration. The article also speculates that Brussels, Madrid and Paris (all to New York) will be the first routes.

Jonathan
#181472 by Scrooge
19 Aug 2007, 14:50
As mentioned quickly two posts above.

Does anyone here honestly think LH or AF/KL are going to stand by and let BA invade their hubs without fighting back?

If BA start running all J class flights say JFK - CDG or MUN I can very easily see AF/LH moving into the LHR - JFK market, ok not the best move in anyones book, but they same thing happened over here after deregulation and we have seen the effect it has had on the legacy carriers.

One thing the J pax looks for is frequency, while it is a nice idea to have BA run their 13 752's tran's atlantic to hubs on the mainland something tells me the other carriers will just up their frequency.
Virgin Atlantic