#174116 by preiffer
09 Jun 2007, 20:01
Yes you can, but they have to be flying BA.
#174117 by gingerflyer
09 Jun 2007, 20:03
does this also apply to those travelling on Club Europe as well?
#174128 by JAT74L
09 Jun 2007, 21:04
Cheers Paul,

That'll do nicely.

John
#174218 by Strawberry Muppet
10 Jun 2007, 16:51
Originally posted by gingerflyer
does this also apply to those travelling on Club Europe as well?

No, you cannot bring in a guest unless you have status. I know because my friend is flying in CE in a few weeks and I was due to fly with him in Economy but I would not have been permitted access because both of us are only Blue members.

In actual fact, Club World and Club Europe pax aren't entitled to bring in a guest based on class of cabin alone. This is reserved for FIRST pax only. The few times I have been in the Executive Club/Terraces lounge at LHR T1 (Int'l) it has always been busy at non-peak times. Imagine how overcrowded it would be if each CW/CE pax without status were entitled to bring in a guest.

I have always thought VS are unique in that they offer their Upper Class pax access for one guest regardless of status. Not sure how many other airlines offer their business class customers such a benefit.
#174224 by preiffer
10 Jun 2007, 17:51
Originally posted by Strawberry Muppet
No, you cannot bring in a guest unless you have status. I know because my friend is flying in CE in a few weeks and I was due to fly with him in Economy but I would not have been permitted access because both of us are only Blue members.

Hmm. [:?]

I did with no problem at all [:w] (No BA status either).
#174248 by Strawberry Muppet
10 Jun 2007, 20:04
You might have been lucky preiffer. There is no harm in asking but strictly speaking no guests are permitted when flying in CW or CE.

A while ago BA published a guide to lounge access which used to include information on access for Blue members (ie those with no status). At the time I remember reading that no guests were permitted but the current updated guide no longer includes this information for Blue members.
Virgin Atlantic