#19950 by VeronaSeagull
02 Jul 2007, 14:53
Hi All,

I'm flying from LHR to HKG in January of next year and was wondering if its likely the 744 on the route is likely to have AVOD? I know BA are updating their long haul fleet to have AVOD but don't know what the time span for that is!

Also, does anyone know if BA AVOD is as good as V:Port?

Cheers
#176427 by FamilyMan
02 Jul 2007, 16:36
Not sure about how good the offering is but I believe BA were aiming to have it installed fleetwide by end of the year.

Phil FM

P.S. Here's a link to what they are installing.
#176435 by mitchja
02 Jul 2007, 17:14
I'm surprised that the HKG route hasn't already got the new IFE and new new CW product.

I know when BA launched (what was then) their new Club World and brand new World Traveller Plus products back in 2000, the B744's operating the HKG route was the first to get both these. I got offered a really silly 'too good to turn down' launch upgrade price when I flew back from HKG on BA back in 2000.

The HKG route was always very important to BA, unless things have changed these days.

Regards
#176440 by VeronaSeagull
02 Jul 2007, 18:29
To be honest it probably does have the new IFE but I have no way of checking if this is the case!

I'm flying in WT+ to HKG and then PE on VS to SYD from there so can offer a direct comparison although I already "know" PE is a better product.
#176454 by p17blo
02 Jul 2007, 20:18
I would agree that when you compare VS 744s with BA 744 (or even BA 777) the VS PE far outweighs BA WT+. I am not sure the same can be said of the old VS PE on the A340's and still really waiting to hear what the new seats are like. (But they look good)

AFAIK the BA AVOD should be comparable to VS.

Paul

Paul
#176481 by slinky09
02 Jul 2007, 22:59
I suggest you look at Flyer talk http://www.flyertalk.com and choose the BA Exec Club forum for the latest. There are comments from people who have flown to Hong Kong on the BA025 and have had the NNCW ... so you may well get it. I don't think BA fly 777s to HKG but if they do then these are to be refitted from July so no chance yet it seems, just the 747 routes.
#176510 by jaguarpig
03 Jul 2007, 10:17
Last BA flights to YYZ at easter were both 747s, outbound had the old system inbound had the AVOD,not as much content as V-PORT and the system was very unstable.Speaking to the AVOD engineer bloke on the flight it was only the aircrafts first week of operation with the new system.He said there would be a lot more content loaded when they had sorted the bugs.System worked on touch screen as well as from the hand controller.
Virgin Atlantic