#19975 by slinky09
03 Jul 2007, 19:19
Was at the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show today (I know, I've reached that age ... [:#]) and in one of the tents was Abercrombie (and Fitch, ooops no, wrong dream, 'Kent') and on their stand was the NCW seat ... well I tried it out. How small, narrow, and frankly I didn't find it comfortable. In this showing there were two seats with the privacy divider between them and I can only imagine that with 8 across it's even more claustrophic than I felt.

I haven't flown Club World for like ever, so I can't compare it to the last CW. UCS beats it hands down ...
#176586 by HighFlyer
03 Jul 2007, 20:09
Interesting. I was having a play with the seat at the Luxury Travel Fair and i quite liked it. Obviously playing with a demo seat and seeing the real thing onboard are very different, but i found the seating and the moveable partition to be great for traveling with friends or family. I would probably prefer the suite for night flights, but for day flights the CW seat, and its recline, were pretty good. The only thing i didnt like was the table. I thought it was far too flimsy, and would probably start to bend under the weight of some of the laptops that are around these days. Totally agree with you on the '8 across' thing though.

Thanks,
Sarah
#176593 by locutus
03 Jul 2007, 20:46
We had the new AA business seat shown to us at work, have to see if we get BA in as well :D There's usually free food and drinks going, so I'm there!
#176595 by jaguarpig
03 Jul 2007, 20:55
The only thing i didnt like was the table. I thought it was far too flimsy, and would probably start to bend under the weight of some of the laptops that are around these days.

Yep its like a spring board
#176600 by Bazz
03 Jul 2007, 21:32
It was way tooooo small for me and I just don't like the rearward facing alternate seats, however I did like the motorised divider screen.

The Ottoman has several adjustments so you should be able to get a comfortable position for your feet but was very small and is not recommended for use for two to dine together, the table is far too small and flimsy to facilitate that anyway.
#176615 by fozzyo
03 Jul 2007, 23:47
The big advantage CW seats have over UCS is the Z position, sometimes I don't want to commit to a fully flat bed, but would rather doze and the UCS doesn't go back far enough for me.

I find the UCS too narrow as I have to sleep on my side and I don't have enough room to bend my knees, at least with CW I could stick them out slightly only to have people walk into them.
#176632 by Wolves27
04 Jul 2007, 10:01
I too tried it and whilst I also like the snooze position (something that I sorely miss on UC) the fact you still have to step over the next persons feet annoys me.

Cheers!

Dean
#177150 by porsche911
09 Jul 2007, 13:31
Does anybody know that by next end April , what would the chances of flying the new club world to Barbados?
#177243 by onionz
09 Jul 2007, 22:43
I have flown in the new Club World in the centre two seats facing backwards with my girlfriend and we found it excellent for two people. With each divider up, and considering we were facing the bulkhead separating us from WT+, it was like having a private cabin. And because of the bulkhead position, there wasn't the problem with stepping over anyone.
#177259 by RichardMannion
09 Jul 2007, 23:21
Originally posted by onionz
I have flown in the new Club World in the centre two seats facing backwards with my girlfriend and we found it excellent for two people. With each divider up, and considering we were facing the bulkhead separating us from WT+, it was like having a private cabin. And because of the bulkhead position, there wasn't the problem with stepping over anyone.

Ahh but you two are space efficeint like Sarah and I.....
#177265 by Scrooge
09 Jul 2007, 23:35

These IMHO are the two best seats in CW, when I flying BA and not VS these were the seats I would grab for the reason you mentioned...and laso the fun take offs :D
#177267 by onionz
09 Jul 2007, 23:47
Originally posted by RichardMannion
[Ahh but you two are space efficeint like Sarah and I.....

Well that's very kind of you, although I would suggest I am certainly the least space efficient of the four of us! [:I]:)
#177272 by Scrooge
10 Jul 2007, 00:18
Originally posted by RichardMannion
[Ahh but you two are space efficeint like Sarah and I.....

Well that's very kind of you, although I would suggest I am certainly the least space efficient of the four of us! [:I]:)

You know, there is a picture floating around somewhere (I will pay $$$ for it) off one of the others and Mcuth sharing a suite...so it can be done....
#177277 by onionz
10 Jul 2007, 00:28
Ahh yes, that fabled picture. It has never been located.
#177291 by Scrooge
10 Jul 2007, 08:01
But it is out there..I know it is..I know it is...and proof that you could get two or more in a suite...anyhoot's at some point in the next 3 - 4 trans Atlantics I will be trying NNNCW, right now the seat is only 100% on JFK - LHR.
#177342 by onionz
10 Jul 2007, 16:59
Yes that's right I believe, although I experienced it on DXB-LHR and I understand BA don't hang about with their seating upgrades unlike some airlines ;)
#177343 by Scrooge
10 Jul 2007, 17:16
or AVOD...or....FOOD
#177354 by JAT74L
10 Jul 2007, 20:35
I'm out on a 777 to EWR on Friday this week and back from JFK on Sunday night on a 744 so will be able to report my findings. Actually hoping for NNCW on the way out so I can compare that to UCS then coming home compare NGCW to both... Confused?

Regards

John
#177363 by Scrooge
10 Jul 2007, 20:56
Originally posted by JAT74L
Confused?

Regards

John

As ever..so you are flying two BA legs and no VS legs right..if that is so then I am not confused :D..if however there is a VS leg in there somewhere then yes I am confused [B)]
#177368 by jaguarpig
10 Jul 2007, 21:34
I'm out on a 777 to EWR on Friday this week and back from JFK on Sunday night on a 744 so will be able to report my findings. Actually hoping for NNCW on the way out so I can compare that to UCS then coming home compare NGCW to both... Confused?

Try to get the upper deck on the JFK-LHR with a good crew service is very similar to First.
#177369 by JAT74L
10 Jul 2007, 21:47
Originally posted by Scrooge
Originally posted by JAT74L
Confused?

Regards

John

As ever..so you are flying two BA legs and no VS legs right..if that is so then I am not confused :D..if however there is a VS leg in there somewhere then yes I am confused [B)]

Oops sorry Dave,

It's my first BA longhaul so what I meant was I could compare both NNCW and NGCW to UCS based on my previous VS experiences.

John
#177371 by JAT74L
10 Jul 2007, 21:50
Originally posted by jaguarpig

Try to get the upper deck on the JFK-LHR with a good crew service is very similar to First.

It's a "sleeper" service on the way home so wasn't expecting much in the way of service but will try for the upper deck (in fact anything other than a middle seat downstairs will do).

This bloody seat selection only being available at OLCI 24 hours out is rubbish.

John
#177418 by jaguarpig
11 Jul 2007, 11:46
This bloody seat selection only being available at OLCI 24 hours out is rubbish.

With the right bit of plastic they all magically open up before OLCI ;)
#177536 by porsche911
12 Jul 2007, 13:22
Sorry for repeating myself but does anybody know the following - Does anybody know that by next end April , what would the chances of flying the new club world to Barbados?
#177540 by jaguarpig
12 Jul 2007, 14:03
Does anybody know that by next end April , what would the chances of flying the new club world to Barbados?

Not much as it's LGW so will be a 777 service, there are rumored to be problems with the install of NGCW on the 777.
Virgin Atlantic