#20461 by mitchja
28 Jul 2007, 23:27
Earlier tonight I was sorting through all the bits of paper you seem to collect when making travel plans and to my horror I noticed that my BA domestic flight from MAN to LHR for my VS ORD trip in September was wrong.

I must have had a senior moment when booking as I'd somehow managed to book the airports the wrong way round [:w] [:I]

Anyway with this been an Exec Club miles booking I went online and saw the 'Cancel this flight' link and clicked it to see what happened as I thought it wouldn't be that easy, would it?

It asks for for the card number you used and then informed me all the tax would be refunded back to my credit card and my miles refunded back to me Exec Club account within 24 hours.

5 mins later I logged out of my Exec Club account and then back in and hey prestro the miles are back in my account already [y]

Now re-booked the correct flights this time leaving MAN for flight 1 and leaving LHR for flight 2 ;)

Anyway I was very impressed at how easy it was to cancel a flight at BA.com, at how quick miles are put back into your account and re-book so quickly with no phone calls needed at all.

In complete contrast I had to call to cancel another BA reward flight last year as that one wouldn't let me cancel online and it took weeks and several emails to see those miles refunded.

Regards