#20614 by mdvipond
09 Aug 2007, 11:59
Something of an amateur at booking BA flights and I'm a little unsure about this. I want to book MAN-LGW-BGI and back again for the Senior Ponds. If I try to book MAN-BGI the BA website doesn't give me the MAN-LGW flight time that my parents would prefer.

If I do it leg-by-leg it does. However, will making the booking this way still ensure that they get their luggage checked through AND that their baggage allowance will be the equivilant of Club on all legs? In other words, will it be on a 'single ticket'?

Complicated, I know. Help me V-Flyer, you're my only hope.
#180724 by daharris
09 Aug 2007, 16:24
It shouldn't be a problem. My boss does this all the time when he flies to and from the IOM and, not being the most organised person in the world, rarely even books tickets at the same time. As long as the airline is either the same, or part of the same alliance, they ought to check your luggage through. Though I understand some of the ground staff donÕt always do this.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb seems to suggest that you get the most generous baggage allowance on through tickets.

I see to remember from the last time I had to do this for one of our artists that the BA site allows you to put together a multicity itinerary but insists you leave 90 minutes connection time Ðand by that they mean 91 minutes as I was unable to book two flights exactly 90 minutes apart (Expedia let me do it though!)

Hope this is of some help?

Regards