#20958 by locutus
06 Sep 2007, 20:35
With the latest NYC sale being quite restrictive in terms of flights, I was pondering BA. As I can't select a WT+ seat till 24 hours before the flight, does anyone have much experience on this? Do most decent seats go to the frequent fliers? Will I be left with a middle seat? I understand it all depends on numbers, but just wondering what people have experienced so far?

It also means that I need to find a computer 24 hours before leaving NYC to book a seat too. [:?]
#182943 by p17blo
06 Sep 2007, 21:26
I can't make up my mind if this is really something to reward ff or just a way to try to avoid pax disappointment due to set changes caused by change of aircraft etc.

I think you need to profile the flight. Without trying to generalise too much I think most FF are business people who travel alone.

So you are considering going to NYC. Are you flying at Xmas? Or on a Monday morning? I think both of these could be candidates for ffs (The first spending the miles on the family, the second a regular business trip). But if you were to try flying on Wednesday afternoon I think there would be less FF onboard.

Just pure speculation you understand.

Paul
#182944 by napamatt
06 Sep 2007, 21:26
My mother in law, always travels BA and never has a problem getting exactly what seat she wants (a bulkhead usually) with the 24 hour rule. She does it by phone and never goes near a computer!
#182959 by locutus
06 Sep 2007, 22:50
It's looking like it may be the 15-18 Nov, so a Thur - Sun. Just a short break to see some shows and do some shopping. More concerned that I'd get a bad seat on the way back due to not being able to check in online I guess.