#22594 by porsche911
02 Jan 2008, 12:19
Happy new year to all - We are heading off to Barbados in April for my wifes 40th and could not get a good deal with VS so are flying Club with BA. I have never flown BA from Gatwick and was wondering what the facilities are like in Gatwick ? We are staying at the Sofitel the night before and should we go for the breakfast in the hotel? We are a family of four and also have some friends also on the same flight flying WTP - Do BA allow you to bring a friend in? Also if anybody knows that when you fly Club with BA do you get priority passes for security - Many thanks
#195408 by jimbob247
02 Jan 2008, 12:33
Hi,

The Terraces at LGW is a nice lounge, bit it aint no Clubhouse. I prefer the upstairs area, I would have breakfast in your hotel.

I don't think you can bring guests in, unless you are Silver or Gold BAEC cardholders.

Fasttrack - Seems random, you should be able to use if it is operating.
#195429 by jimbob247
02 Jan 2008, 13:13
Oh forgot, they have a very good magazine selection usually (upstairs) don't go to WH Smith before you visit!
#195431 by Guest
02 Jan 2008, 13:23
I prefer the lower level Terrace Lounge at LGW to either the first floor one or the FIRST lounge (but they link via a stiar case at the rear). For breakfast you can have a selection of cereals, toast, pastries etc and fresh fruit which suits me as I am a veggie - together with an OJ and capuccino and the peace and quiet of the lower lounge I am all set for my flight. Infact I prefer it to the VH clubhouse (I like my space and quietness).

Enjoy.

HG
#195449 by slinky09
02 Jan 2008, 14:57
Originally posted by RichardMannion
You could always check the 2nd thread where you asked the same question today:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774021

LOL.

As to Terraces at LGW, I think it's ghastly. Poor seating, busy, bright, very hot when the sun is out, poor food choice, limited working facilities. At least it's a lounge and there are refreshments and reading material. The Emirates lounge below it is lovely but has no view, at least upstairs in Terraces you can see take offs and landings.

I'd definitely eat in your hotel. Breakfast in the lounge is coffee and miniature pastries plus toast and cereals - all help yourself.

You do get fast track security, although it can be pretty snail-ish. People have probably discovered this now but BAA opened an additional non-fast track security lane right behind the Emirates check in. Last time (Nov.) I used that it was a breeze and I was through in 2 mins - check this out!
#195455 by porsche911
02 Jan 2008, 15:47
Thanks Slinky - Great information as usual - Thanks guys
#195456 by porsche911
02 Jan 2008, 15:48
Richard - Yes I did post it there as well as I though maybe there would be some very recent travellers having gone through with BA. Well Spotted !!!!

Originally posted by slinky09
Originally posted by RichardMannion
You could always check the 2nd thread where you asked the same question today:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774021

LOL.

As to Terraces at LGW, I think it's ghastly. Poor seating, busy, bright, very hot when the sun is out, poor food choice, limited working facilities. At least it's a lounge and there are refreshments and reading material. The Emirates lounge below it is lovely but has no view, at least upstairs in Terraces you can see take offs and landings.

I'd definitely eat in your hotel. Breakfast in the lounge is coffee and miniature pastries plus toast and cereals - all help yourself.

You do get fast track security, although it can be pretty snail-ish. People have probably discovered this now but BAA opened an additional non-fast track security lane right behind the Emirates check in. Last time (Nov.) I used that it was a breeze and I was through in 2 mins - check this out!
Virgin Atlantic