#256987 by Nottingham Nick
20 Nov 2008, 19:34
Link to Business Traveller.

British Airways is currently offering Executive Club members 5,000 bonus miles if their flight from Heathrow or Gatwick is delayed by more than 15 minutes.....

Wow - I hope VS are watching that one. [8D][;)] Having said that, it would cost them a fortune in miles on the leisure routes out of LGW. [:w]

I don't know how often 'the small print' will be invoked, either ... the airline reserves the right to exclude any flights from this promotion where the delay occurs beyond the reasonable control of British Airways. [n][n]

Nick
#460412 by Neil
20 Nov 2008, 20:19
Nice idea, but like you say, who or what decides and informs pax whose fault the delay was?

Although it might be nice to see VS do something similar, it could result in A LOT of miles been dished out and rewards becoming even harder to get hold of!

Neil
#460415 by Scrooge
20 Nov 2008, 20:27
It is only on flexible fare tickets and you have to register before the flight, this is the second time they have run this prom.
#460419 by Darren Wheeler
20 Nov 2008, 22:22
So it looks lie no miles will ever be given out. Cynical? Moi?
#460423 by mas66
20 Nov 2008, 22:57
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
So it looks lie no miles will ever be given out. Cynical? Moi?

I bagged 2 lots of 5k miles the last time they ran this, in fairness they were automatically credited to my EC account without me asking.... I know several others who have had the same [:)]

Cheers

MS
Virgin Atlantic