#257528 by Sealink
07 Jan 2009, 12:20
Ch-ch-ch-changes

British Airways staff have been told the airline will be undertaking a restructure that will be far- reaching, reshaping our company from top to bottom.

You never seem to get any period of 'calm' at BA do you? There is always something shaking them down.
#463911 by Scrooge
07 Jan 2009, 19:30
Well with BA having a 12% drop in premium travel and things only looking worse there are going to be some cuts, be it routes or personnel [:#]
#463913 by Darren Wheeler
07 Jan 2009, 19:37
How about prices to fill the cabins. I'm no expert on finances but surely lower prices mean more passengers in the F & J cabins. They will then get the taste of travelling in the comfy seats, ready for when the economy recovers.
#463924 by slinky09
07 Jan 2009, 21:29
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
How about prices to fill the cabins. I'm no expert on finances but surely lower prices mean more passengers in the F & J cabins. They will then get the taste of travelling in the comfy seats, ready for when the economy recovers.

Wishful thinking ... though perhaps VS could think the same [:w].

My guess, turning short haul into LCC ... radical reshaping of routes ... outsourcing lots more of their functions ...
#463926 by Sealink
07 Jan 2009, 21:39
Where I work we are resisting the urge to reduce prices... once you set a precedent it's very hard to recover. And of course for airlines it will be counter productive as everyone will match you instantly.
#463932 by HighFlyer
07 Jan 2009, 22:00
I've also heard that they are looking at the way the crew are paid, potentially switching to an hourly model where they'll get paid for actual hours worked.

Thanks,
Sarah
Virgin Atlantic