#259157 by capetownflyer
14 May 2009, 00:37
Im really disappointed with how much I'm preffering BA these days and had a situation today that reinforced this. I booked a miles upgrade to Club World for a LHR-->CPT flight in July a few weeks ago. Only availability for the reward was via JNB. Not ideal but its better than going WT+.

Got a call today to say that my original CPT-JNB flight had been cancelled and they had rebooked me on a flight leaving one hour later, but it only gave me 50mins for the connection and they werent comfortable with that. So they gave me the option of an earlier flight. I suggested that I was quite comfortable with forgoing the connection if they could get me on the direct CPT/LHR flight. A 'let me check with my supervisor' and 3 mins later all rebooked onto the direct flight (which had no availibility in reward class when I booked).

Result! [8D] Great service to be flexible when you have 'appeared' to let the customer down.

Just looking forward to the flight. First time in NGCW, and a early day flight on the way out so will be interesting to see what the service is like on board for that!
#715050 by slinky09
14 May 2009, 02:55
That's great to hear, such service is not unknown on VS too. But I fear it seems a little more itsy bitsy.