#718361 by Jeffers555
16 Jun 2009, 10:10
So if life is really that tough for BA, how can they contemplate a merger with AA?

Maybe they should go ahead. With any luck it will kill them off![y]
#718369 by easygoingeezer
16 Jun 2009, 11:28
The management need firstly to work for maybe a year on the same salary as a Flight Service Manager not give up a month that they can well afford because they accrued pots of cash already, and then ask staff to do without their significantly less pay that they need every penny of, what are they supposed to say to the child minders/nursery/mortgage lenders, please don't ask for any money for a month.

This is the type of rubbish that the RyanAir boss would talk about.

If this is the height of the managements brainstorming abilities then its they who need a P45 not the crews.

Probably scare tactics though so people don't go with the Union flow.
#718371 by Scrooge
16 Jun 2009, 11:46
quote:Originally posted by Jeffers555
So if life is really that tough for BA, how can they contemplate a merger with AA?

Not wanting to go off topic, but they are not looking to merge with AA, simply they can't, the US government would not allow it, they are looking for anti trust immunity, the ability to run their trans Atlantic routes as one airline, pretty much the same as NW/KL, LH/UA have done for years.
#718381 by Jeffers555
16 Jun 2009, 14:33
I stand corrected. But you know what I mean Scrooge [:D]
#718412 by platinumleo
16 Jun 2009, 22:03
I also agree ALL BA MANAGEMENT should be seen to take the cut for longer than any cabin crew, remove all bonuses from ALL GRADES! This isnt about penny pinching this is about saving the airline, but dont use this time as an excuse to remove all the pay and benefits BA unions and employees have worked so hard for.

Although i must admit they way BA's history wont exactly inspire us to save an airline who wanted to be the world airline (BA) and not British Airways. The loss of concorde... The terminal 5 fiasco. I mean we all complain about VS, but at least it inspires to do better, but that being said BA is a giant in the airline world

BA have to now go back to the drawing board and sort itself out standards will drop if they dont keep the staff who made the airline in the first place. I also say that the BA/AA merger is a very bad idea and will just make them even more powerful (whether they are profitable is another matter). I would rather lose BA than just have to fly BA because every other airline has gone bankrupt through competition!

That being said if BA keep suffering will the UK government bail them out?

Alex
Virgin Atlantic