#720252 by Scrooge
06 Jul 2009, 16:35
VS must be praying that the union lose there mind and ask the membership to vote on industrial ation.
#720259 by platinumleo
06 Jul 2009, 17:17
quote:Originally posted by Scrooge
VS must be praying that the union lose there mind and ask the membership to vote on industrial ation.

Do you think?
Would it really help VS that much?

I hope it doesnt happen for the sake of the UK economy, but would staff really go on strike and if so could it really signal the end of BA if it did?

Alex
#720262 by Bill S
06 Jul 2009, 17:26
quote:Originally posted by platinumleo
quote:Originally posted by Scrooge

Do you think?
Would it really help VS that much?

Consider how VS traffic peaked in early 2008 when BA had all that T5 trouble.
[img]http://www.v-flyer.com/thumbnail.aspx?filename=/photos/3891.jpg&width=600&height=600&canshrink=true[/img]
#720268 by Alex V
06 Jul 2009, 18:11
Its wierd because just to be on the safe side i probably wont book our christmas dates with BA, im sure theres nothing in it.......but

alex
#720273 by platinumleo
06 Jul 2009, 18:51
quote:

Consider how VS traffic peaked in early 2008 when BA had all that T5 trouble

Yeh thats very true just will people automatically fly VS with Ba having problems

Alex[:?]
#720278 by Scrooge
06 Jul 2009, 19:05
A lot will yes, airlines are still one of those patriotic things, for the UK it's BA and VS, strange in this world wide economy when there are better airlines than both flying the same routes.
#720326 by Darren Wheeler
06 Jul 2009, 22:00
quote:Originally posted by Alex V
Its wierd because just to be on the safe side i probably wont book our christmas dates with BA, im sure theres nothing in it.......but

alex

That's the danger. Just the hint of a strike and people will book with another carrier.

The response from Unite was what I expected. 'We reject your reality and substitute it with out own'.
#720333 by andrew.m.wright
06 Jul 2009, 22:26
I was pretty close to booking the BA 1098 offer to NYC last week till all this blew up. Have now booked the VS offer instead [:D]
#720500 by Alex V
08 Jul 2009, 10:47
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
quote:Originally posted by Alex V

alex

That's the danger. Just the hint of a strike and people will book with another carrier.

The response from Unite was what I expected. 'We reject your reality and substitute it with out own'.

I agree whole heartedly darren that what i do and many others (by booking elsewhere) is exactly the danger that BA may find themselves in. I view myself as fairly responsible when it comes to money and so i wouldnt put money where i thought it might be even at a slight risk, trouble is it would be a far worse place without BA - so what do you do?[:?]

cheers

alex[:)]
Virgin Atlantic