#259902 by LiamRugby
13 Jul 2009, 10:24
Hi all,

Finally took my dive back to BA on a short hop to Edinburgh.

Having worked at T5 since way before it went live, it was an interesting experience finally being a passenger! 'Accidentally' found myself in the priority security line and decided to feign ignorance but wasn't challenged by the gent at the desk so got through in a couple of minutes..[:w]

Had a good friend of mine at BA get me access to the North Galleries lounge which was pleasant enough but not a patch on any clubhouse, I also noticed a noticeable difference in atmosphere - I would usually travel Virgin in jeans and flip flops but would have felt out of place wearing such relaxed attire in the BA lounge - lucky this time I was straight from work in the suit..

Flight was simple enough, much better seat than my flight with Aer Lingus in the week, but economy is still economy! [:$] Had a meal which was a shock, didn't think they would get time to squeeze it in but it helped break the boredom.

Return flight was as uneventful, with the noticeable exception of being greeted by name as I got on the plane (i'm not silver/gold on BA yet so was a nice surprise!). I'm going for a long haul BA flight later in the year to check out the new club world and am now looking forward to it. I'm even focusing on collecting BA miles over Virgin - much much easier to redeem than flying club and clearly many more destination options!!

All in all, not a bad experience!

edit by Scrooge: moved to the BA forum
#720781 by jaguarpig
13 Jul 2009, 11:56
quote:Originally posted by LiamRugby
I also noticed a noticeable difference in atmosphere - I would usually travel Virgin in jeans and flip flops but would have felt out of place wearing such relaxed attire in the BA lounge - lucky this time I was straight from work in the suit..

Can't say I have they even let me in the Concorde room with crocs and a Lemmy tshirt.
#720786 by LiamRugby
13 Jul 2009, 12:23
It wasn't so much BA themselves as to the other passengers - felt considerably more reserved than the Clubhouses..

Still waiting on an invitation to the Concorde room - I think despite my friends at BA that may be pushing it....

quote:Originally posted by jaguarpig
I also noticed a noticeable difference in atmosphere - I would usually travel Virgin in jeans and flip flops but would have felt out of place wearing such relaxed attire in the BA lounge - lucky this time I was straight from work in the suit..

Can't say I have they even let me in the Concorde room with crocs and a Lemmy tshirt.
[V][V][V][?][V][V][:(]
#720805 by Tinkerbelle
13 Jul 2009, 13:58
quote:Originally posted by jaguarpig

CROCS??!!!??

[:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$]
#720806 by McMaddog
13 Jul 2009, 14:02
'Accidentally' found myself in the priority security line and decided to feign ignorance but wasn't challenged by the gent at the desk so got through in a couple of minutes..[:w]
Lucky you - the standard security in T5 is a joke. I've never seen it so bad at any other LHR terminal with lines going right through into the checkin area. The staff were thoroughly uncaring too. [n]
#720808 by Tinkerbelle
13 Jul 2009, 14:09
quote:Originally posted by McMaddog

Lucky you - the standard security in T5 is a joke. I've never seen it so bad at any other LHR terminal with lines going right through into the checkin area. The staff were thoroughly uncaring too. [n]

I'll agree with you there. I've only been through T5 once and that was at 6am on a Saturday morning with no queues and they were still rude.
#720816 by jaguarpig
13 Jul 2009, 15:01
Last time through T5 south fast(that's a joke) track took us nearly 50 minutes the standard line was faster,its total crap an absolute disgrace.[V]

Leave my crocs alone Tink[:D]
#720819 by McMaddog
13 Jul 2009, 15:35
I think BA missed a trick here - with the terminal being exclusively BA what a shame BA couldn't have used its own staff to man security. Customer focus means a lot more to them than an airport operator. If you think about it, other than cleaners, security is the only place you come into contact with BAA staff.
#720854 by HighFlyer
13 Jul 2009, 22:29
Sorry, JP owns Crocs? [:o]

Thanks,
Sarah
Virgin Atlantic