#261141 by maz
31 Oct 2009, 12:52
Looking into flying BA Club from LGW to MCO as the price is so much better than our normal VA MAN to MCO.

What is Club like? What is the Lounge like at Gatwick?

We can get a 'connecting' flight from Man with BA on the same ticket, but it is the night before. Do you think the larger baggage allowance would be given with it not going straight through to connect with the MCO flight until the morning? Travelling from the North is a pain!!

Hotels at Gatwick - which are the best and also the easiest to get to the terminal. We are spoilt with the Radisson and walking to the terminal.

Sorry for asking so many questions in one post, but there is so much we want to know.

The other option is Miami from Heathrow, which though we wanted to do costs about 500 more for the 2 of us.

Thanks!
#728802 by Guest
31 Oct 2009, 13:05
Club world is a good product and the lougnes at Gatwick are fine. Not a clubhouse but they are certainly better than the V-Room or any other 3rd party lounge that I have seen and used.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/cwexp/public/en_gb

I would stay at the Sofitel which is connected to the terminal Not stayed at the Radisson Manchester but I really belive the Sofitel will be as good if not better.

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-6204-so ... ndex.shtml

Given the price difference I would go BA without a second thought.

Enjoy,

HG
#728811 by kered
31 Oct 2009, 14:57
Well if the Sofitel at Gatwick is anything like the one at Heathrow, you cant go wrong [y]

Weve stayed at the Sofitel LHR a few times the night prior to a flight & love it. You just cant beat walking out of the hotel the morning of your flight straight into the terminal to drop your bags. Makes for a very stress free travel day [8D]
#728812 by maz
31 Oct 2009, 15:07
Thanks all.

By changing the day of the flight we can now fly down to Gatwick on the same day. Do they allow the US baggage allowance on the shuttle from Manchester?
#728813 by Tinkerbelle
31 Oct 2009, 15:09
quote:Originally posted by maz
Thanks all.

By changing the day of the flight we can now fly down to Gatwick on the same day. Do they allow the US baggage allowance on the shuttle from Manchester?

Are all your flights ticketed on one ticket? ie. MAN-LGW-MCO-LGW-MAN?
#728814 by maz
31 Oct 2009, 15:13
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
quote:Originally posted by maz
Thanks all.

Are all your flights ticketed on one ticket? ie. MAN-LGW-MCO-LGW-MAN?

Yes, we would be booking right through. Great price.
#728817 by MarkedMan
31 Oct 2009, 15:36
Then, yes, allowance is carried through to MAN-LGW segment.
#728818 by maz
31 Oct 2009, 15:37
Thank you.
#728819 by MarkedMan
31 Oct 2009, 15:41
BTW, totally with HG, the Sofitel at LGW terminal north would have been exactly what you were looking for in any case. Its corridor into terminal north leads you into the terminal right next to the corridor from the North-South terminal shuttle, IIRC, so right in front of the escalators to check-in. The lounges at LGW are a bit long in the tooth, or were, I should say, since I haven't been in about two and a half years, but were always great for long connections, had some nice recliners.
#728820 by maz
31 Oct 2009, 15:54
Well if we like BA more than Virgin we might well be going with them regularly, so would need a hotel at Gatwick at some time I am sure.

Thanks all for your help. Just about to book.
Virgin Atlantic