#761972 by ilikebluesmarties
15 Dec 2010, 00:31
I was recently surprised when checking my BA account that I have a fair few miles I didnt know existed.
What i wanted to know is, is it possible to book one way reward flights on BA I fly into Manchester and have a train booked to London but would rather fly. BA.com don't seem to be letting me book one way is there any way Round this? I can't find an email address only snail mail.
#761976 by Guest
15 Dec 2010, 07:21
Given that this is a forum for Virgin Atlantic passengers (the clue is in the name), I couldn't possibly comment on whether or not BA allow one way booking on thier mileage scheme.

In all likelihood, they probably do, if it's anything like Virgin FC miles - however, the terms and conditions may vary, so it's best to check with BA.
#761980 by Nottingham Nick
15 Dec 2010, 08:22
This is a primarily a site for Virgin fliers, but we aim to be fully inclusive and non-discriminatory in every aspect of the site, so this post is in the BA section of the forum. :D

It is a sad fact that a lot of V-Flyer regulars, who used to pay an awful lot of money to Virgin, have grown tired of the numerous perceived service reductions, cut backs and loss of gloss on the Virgin brand.

Many of these good folk, including several mods, have moved their money over to the dark side, and may be able to help. y)

Nick
#761985 by clarkeysntfc
15 Dec 2010, 10:50
How to win friends and influence people...

@ ilikebluesmarties - the best thing to do would be to call the BA Exec Club on 0844 493 0 747 (from the UK) because they'll have the best info for you.
#761993 by Alex V
15 Dec 2010, 11:25
iGuyHD wrote:Given that this is a forum for Virgin Atlantic passengers (the clue is in the name), I couldn't possibly comment on whether or not BA allow one way booking on thier mileage scheme.

Talk about stating the obvious, You write posts with such attitude ?| ?|

cheers

alex
#761994 by RedVee
15 Dec 2010, 11:27
Log onto Exec club
Go to spend miles (left hand menu)
Go to "book using BA miles" (left hand menu)
Select your to and from airports and the date
Don't forget to tick the one way box
Voila!

Or at least it works for me.

Not a great use of miles but if they save you something and you won't be adding to them then why not - just that the fare element of a Man - Lhr can be as little as £10 - the rest being taxes and surcharges which are still payable on reward bookings.
#762006 by Decker
15 Dec 2010, 11:59
Peeps

One of the joys of V-Flyer is the inclusiveness we display to all comers as Nick has so succinctly pointed out. Please remain respectful of your fellow posters so that we aren't forced to mod more heavily. This applies to both call and response.
Virgin Atlantic