#776069 by Hamster
21 Apr 2011, 00:20
Hey,

I guess the answer will be what I expect (no), but does anyone know what flights BA have the new First seat on? Or is it just pot luck? I know it would always be subject to change etc.

I don't much like the old first, would like to try the new one though, apart from that stupid window shade!

My next problem is being a VS points whore and if I could let myself go without. :P

Thanks
#776087 by RedVee
21 Apr 2011, 02:39
Excellent resource on Flyertalk by ftdashboard here shows all routes and % of new first in recent weeks.

And I flew NF on 4 April. Nothing to get excited about in my opinion (in the sense of OF v NF - think First is good overall and is something to be excited about). Positives - TV screen is MUCH improved, table is bigger, and I liked the window blinds. But much narrower at the buddy seat end, the grey trim looks like cheap formica, and I really don't like what they've done with the footrest. The cabin lighting is also overly bright.

The soft product is still good though, and had really good food in the Concorde Room. My onboard meal, a "Duo" of beef with foie gras, was excellent too.

Regards
R3dV
#776110 by jaguarpig
21 Apr 2011, 10:14
It really is still pot luck for NF, we got it rtn to LA last month when the FT tool showed only a 25% chance.Better chance on a 777 as more have been done.
As said above nothing to get excited about.The bed is better in NF as its wider,I prefer the seat of old, really miss the extending thigh rest.The buddy seat is wider at the base narrower at the shoulder.Good solid table and much better TV screen.BA F old or new is as good as the crew you get,the last couple have been stellar y)some over the past few years have not.
#776125 by Hamster
21 Apr 2011, 11:48
Thanks everyone, the links to the resources will be very helpful.

I think I need to try to fly on NF before I carry on giving VS my money :-p. Even if I end up with OF, I will be able to give it a second chance.
Virgin Atlantic