#779648 by northernhenry
23 May 2011, 19:50
Just realised have amassed enough miles to get a few upgrades.. y)
More of a way to test out the Dark Lord

Well new territory for me, and in the absence of BA-Flyer, some probably very simple questions:

1. I can upgrade any seat (ok only by one cabin)...Don't i need to be flying S,M,P,R,I,N,T fare classes, only booked on a Tuesday ?

2. Can you book & upgrade a combi fare online (eg: PE/UC, oops WT+/CW)

3. Assume the "First Check Miles seat availability law" still applies : Is there a glitch in the system? as appears to be useable seats on most of the flights I've looked at, within reason :w

4. Are exec club good when trying to sort over the phone etc? (lets use VS as a comparison..)

Thanks

NH
#779659 by MrT
23 May 2011, 20:31
When I was looking into doing a mixed cabin MFU booking, I get the impression from my reading on FT that if you want to MFU a Y cabin ticket, it has to be from one of the more expensive buckets? But you can MFU a cheap WT+ ticket, or something like that.

You could read about BAEC on FT for days and still be none the wiser IMO. VS FC seems a lot 'simpler'. Again, if your question 2 relates to a mixed cabin booking (e.g. WT+ outbound and CW inbound with MFU on one leg, etc.) then I couldn't find a way to book this online - but when I rang up they were very helpful, even if they were only open from something like 7:30am to 8pm.
#779734 by jaguarpig
24 May 2011, 11:59
Any WT+ fare bought on BA.com is upgradable, do not buy as part of a package with hotel as this disallows miles upgrades.
At 25K miles rtn for an upgrade to CW is very good value and you also earn miles and TPs on the WT+ fare.Using miles to upgrade Y-WT+ is a total waste (50k return).
#779735 by slinky09
24 May 2011, 12:11
jaguarpig wrote:At 25K miles rtn for an upgrade to CW is very good value and you also earn miles and TPs on the WT+ fare.Using miles to upgrade Y-WT+ is a total waste (50k return).

That's useful JP, thanks, upgrading a WT+ fare, as you say, seems very good value compared to WT to WT+.
#779767 by northernhenry
24 May 2011, 16:24
Cheers Mr T & JP, most useful

Mr T posting on a "BA" subject... what a co incidence !

It does appear to make their miles more useable.. However shame no calendar view to check say a months availability?

NH
#779774 by RedVee
24 May 2011, 16:50
northernhenry wrote:However shame no calendar view to check say a months availability?NH

Sign in to your account, then under executive club, "spending miles" the first option is to check reward availability, either as a list or on a map, or if you know your destination just on that. You can do this for one to twelve months.

Regards
R3dV
#779785 by northernhenry
24 May 2011, 18:19
RedVee wrote:Sign in to your account, then under executive club, "spending miles" the first option is to check reward availability, either as a list or on a map, or if you know your destination just on that. You can do this for one to twelve months.
Regards
R3dV

y)

Ooops...missed this option...

That makes things easier

NH
#779794 by slinky09
24 May 2011, 20:50
northernhenry wrote:
RedVee wrote:
Ooops...missed this option...

That makes things easier