#789544 by Lucky Suzy
29 Aug 2011, 00:32
I'm flying BA's World Traveller plus to Orlando this time, I normally do UC or PE with Virgin. Can anyone tell me how does WT+ compare to Virgin's PE?

Also, is the IFE system AVOD?

Any info on BA will be gratefully received! :)

Sue
#789547 by buns
29 Aug 2011, 07:56
Sue

The general starting point is that WT+ is merely a "enhanced" economy product - yes a slightly better leg room, but no change in menu and some of the other frills you will have become used to travelling in PE - YES, even on the LGW fleet ):

Like most of us, I am sure that price will be a driving factor and if it is a case of getting to MCO more cheaply through going WT+, then it becomes a necessity

buns
#789550 by Credit Crunch
29 Aug 2011, 08:03
We've flown LGW-MCO & TPA many times on the 777-200.

These things tend to be subjective but we actually prefer WT to WT+ on BA. The WT+ seats and pitch are bigger but are really uncomfortable.

VS PE is a far superior product in our opinion.

y)
#789560 by RedVee
29 Aug 2011, 11:02
Hi Sue

There are a huge number of variations (well, five)of the 777 aircraft, see this page.

But, if I've worked it out correctly, your flight is served by a LGW, three class 777 which should mean you are guaranteed AVOD. I say should as of course anything could happen in terms of aircraft substitutions.

WT+ in the 3 class configuration is 2-4-2 (versus the 3-3-3 in WT). There are just three rows in between Club and WT (rows 12,13 and 14). All seats are much of a muchness. No dedicated loos or galley, but this can make for a quieter cabin.

As already stated by others, VS PE is a sort of J minus product (more so out of LHR), whereas WT+ is basically just a bigger seat. Same economy menu, etc. Where they are the same price it would be VS for me anytime, even on the LGW/MAN fleet. But if the BA fare is much less then of course its worth consideration. TBH though, I've never sat in any of the WT+ seats I've ever booked, as I've used Miles for upgrade to get into Club (just 25k return).
#789677 by Lucky Suzy
30 Aug 2011, 10:37
Thanks for your replies guys!

Yes, it is a question of price between VS and BA. This time £300 difference per pax so BA gets my £. The bigger seat (I might only be small but I need space!)and the double checked bags are the main factors as still taking UK belongings to my US home.

Glad to have AVOD to while away the time on the uncomfortable seats, Credit Crunch! ;)

Let me add that I too prefer VS as my last experience in CW wasn't that good.

Sue
Virgin Atlantic