#856442 by Sealink
04 Sep 2013, 10:56
Now, my first reaction to this story was 'What an eedjit'.

And now I have thought about a little more I think it's a very cynical way of getting a response from an airline and perhaps quite disturbing?

I think BA would have responded without him paying Twitter to self-promote his tweet, so ultimately someone with more money than sense? Or frustrated at his dealings with BA?

What are your thoughts?

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature. ... id=2008049
#856445 by gfonk
04 Sep 2013, 11:11
hmm not sure what to make of his attitude towards getting his bags bag though :-(
I dont think the $1,000 was really worth it because had he simply contacted BA im sure it would have been resolved albeit perhaps a bit slower but im sure in the end the same result of getting his bags back.
#856458 by Concorde RIP
04 Sep 2013, 11:28
Rediculous...but then, there isn't a lot of detail to work with here.

Bags go missing - this happens. Airlines usually locate and deliver within a day or so. Were his parents waiting longer than that? We don'tknow.

Were the bags reported missing at the airport? We don't know.

Are there other factors (bags checked in incorrectly, tyhey had a previous flight into Chicago etc)? We don't know.

The flavour of the final tweet probably reveals a lot about his motives...

And, it's dangerous. This is effectively demonstrating that someone can publicly abuse a company with very little recourse. It follows then, that someone would be able to malishously attack companies/products etc....food for thought indeed.
#856462 by gfonk
04 Sep 2013, 11:50
@Concorde RIP - i think you are right.

Do we have the full information? as you said, there could be circumstances that caused to all come about.
Also how long were they missing for?
I agree this is not good as it shows that people are abusing companies too. If it is a grievance then there are proper ways to conduct oneself.
#856482 by tontybear
04 Sep 2013, 13:51
Earlier today, Syed tweeted "I got what I wanted. I win."

But what did he 'win' and at what cost?

Apart from being thought of by lots of people as being a total idiot and DYKWIA and spending $1,000 for the promotion of his tweet what did he get other than a response from BA and the delayed luggage back?

I wonder what his parents think about their son's behaviour??
#856484 by Bretty
04 Sep 2013, 13:58
There is a lot of information missing in that article, as has been pointed out, so it seems a very strange way, and completely the wrong way, to go about resolving a problem. Because let's face it, there's a right way and a wrong way to complain. Were he a customer of mine I would have followed up the delivery of the luggage with a 'thank you for your custom, but your custom is no longer welcome', but that's just me.

And how can he say he won because he got what he wanted? At a cost of £1k too. As long as he doesn't try and claim that back from BA.
#856487 by gfonk
04 Sep 2013, 14:02
Bretty wrote:Because let's face it, there's a right way and a wrong way to complain. Were he a customer of mine I would have followed up the delivery of the luggage with a 'thank you for your custom, but your custom is no longer welcome', but that's just me.

couldnt agree with you anymore!! y) ^)

Bretty wrote:And how can he say he won because he got what he wanted? At a cost of £1k too. As long as he doesn't try and claim that back from BA.

as Tontybear said, this guy is clearly one of those DYKWIA kind of people.
Virgin Atlantic