#13740 by Vegascrazy
04 Jul 2006, 13:46
Quick question: A while back it was possible, on entering the home page, to see a post under Latest Posts and then click on "more" to link straight to that post. It now seems that when you click on one of these links it takes you to the area where all the Forums are listed, the problem being that you don't know which Forum to go to if you want to read the rest of the post.

A few days ago it seemed to be back to normal, ie. it took me straight to the thread in question but now it doesn't.

Sorry if this has been asked before,

Cheers, James
#125932 by Vegascrazy
04 Jul 2006, 14:25
I wouldn't normally reply to my own posting but I've just tried following one of these links again and all seems OK! Very strange as on numerous occasions I've been frustrated at being unable to link direct to the posting!
#129707 by Vegascrazy
30 Jul 2006, 15:35
I've figured why when clicking on more against a recent posting that has caught your eye it sometimes links you straight to that topic (as it should) but sometimes it doesn't. I've found that the first time you click on more it merely links you to the forum directory - not to the actual thread in question. However if you then click on Home and then click on more against the thread that interests you it will then successfully link you to that thread :)
Hope this helps, ie. I often like to go straight to a thread that catches my eye from the Latest Posts list on the Home Page but when it fails to connect direct to that thread I was spending ages trying to ascertain which forum it was actually in!