#13820 by pjh
09 Jul 2006, 21:33
Is there anywhere on the site that contains a link to a list of the 3 letter abbreviations for the airports of the world ? I get a vicarious pleasure reading the TR's and other posts but often find myself wondering where in the world the poster is writing about...

Paul
#126719 by honey lamb
09 Jul 2006, 21:50
Originally posted by pjh
Is there anywhere on the site that contains a link to a list of the 3 letter abbreviations for the airports of the world ? I get a vicarious pleasure reading the TR's and other posts but often find myself wondering where in the world the poster is writing about...

Paul
Here
#126724 by mcuth
09 Jul 2006, 23:02
And there's the glossary for all those other abbreviations too ;)

Cheers

Michael
#126728 by iforres1
09 Jul 2006, 23:25
Have noticed my little airport is missing from the list, PRN - Pristina International- Kosovo;)
#126739 by Scrooge
10 Jul 2006, 00:40
Originally posted by iforres1
Have noticed my little airport is missing from the list, PRN - Pristina International- Kosovo;)

That would be because it is a cold desolate place that nobody in their right mind would want to travel to,of course given the choice between there and BGI the choice is obvious [?]
#126780 by pjh
10 Jul 2006, 09:13
Ah. Yes. Reference page, Airport Codes. [:I] Not exactly hidden away...

Thanks for being gentle with me...

Paul
#126782 by mcuth
10 Jul 2006, 09:23
Originally posted by pjh
Ah. Yes. Reference page, Airport Codes. [:I] Not exactly hidden away...

Thanks for being gentle with me...

And just for reference, I've added the link to Airport Codes in the FAQ post to make it a bit easier to find :)

Cheers

Michael
#126785 by iforres1
10 Jul 2006, 09:31
Originally posted by jetwet1

That would be because it is a cold desolate place that nobody in their right mind would want to travel to,of course given the choice between there and BGI the choice is obvious [?]

I know, you haven't forgiven me Dave:D

Life is interesting...I had to drive through a corn field and then along a railway line this morning to get to work due to an accident closing the main road.
#126787 by honey lamb
10 Jul 2006, 09:43
Life is interesting...I had to drive through a corn field and then along a railway line this morning to get to work due to an accident closing the main road.

I bet the farmer was pleased.....

.......and let's hope the 8:20 from Belgrade was late [:0]
#126806 by iforres1
10 Jul 2006, 11:54
Originally posted by honey lamb

Strangely enough we have no flights to Belgrade[:w] & all flights travelling to Pristina have to avoid Serbian airspace.

Iain
#126810 by honey lamb
10 Jul 2006, 12:46

Strangely enough we have no flights to Belgrade[:w] & all flights travelling to Pristina have to avoid Serbian airspace.

Iain

I was thinking of the train and you on the railway line!
#126818 by iforres1
10 Jul 2006, 13:38

Iain

I was thinking of the train and you on the railway line!

Ah, that 8.20[:I] No fear of meeting that one either:D
#127638 by webdes03
15 Jul 2006, 02:14
Hey Pete,

How about adding some regex into the forum code to display airport name on rollover of city code (like on airliners.net).

Just a thought, if you get a few minutes...
#127670 by Pete
15 Jul 2006, 14:05
Originally posted by webdes03
Hey Pete,

How about adding some regex into the forum code to display airport name on rollover of city code (like on airliners.net).

Just a thought, if you get a few minutes...

Did have some regex code in there a while back for all the glossary comments, but cut it when we were getting server overload problems. If we move to a dedicated server at some point, it might make a reappearance.
#127686 by webdes03
15 Jul 2006, 16:02
Originally posted by pixuk
Did have some regex code in there a while back for all the glossary comments, but cut it when we were getting server overload problems. If we move to a dedicated server at some point, it might make a reappearance.

Cool- I was unaware that you had that in there before- maybe that was before I popped up at v-flyer :D
Virgin Atlantic