#129918 by catsilversword
01 Aug 2006, 06:56
Originally posted by sailor99
And as if by magic

PS, did you know that the 'x' marks the exact centre of the screen?

I should have known someone would have that!

Er... anyone got any older test cards? (I can't even remember what they looked like!)
#129919 by catsilversword
01 Aug 2006, 06:57
Sorry Mark. Didn't realise you were reading this thread. Here is the one from your era, old boy, so enjoy a little trip down memory lane..........

(Just in case anyone is unclear on the point, Mark is older than me. But he can be a bit sensitive about it, so don't mention it. Shusssh!)

Damn, really should have read further down. Now, is this for real or is it something Jeremy made up on his own?[:I]
#129920 by catsilversword
01 Aug 2006, 06:58
Not a bad test card site Sarah (;)) but their claim to be the central source for test cards is misplaced. They don't even have the Black Prince Anglia version

OMG - that's the one that came just before 'it's the quiz of the week'!
#129929 by DragonLady
01 Aug 2006, 09:03
Originally posted by catsilversword/

OMG - that's the one that came just before 'it's the quiz of the week'!

But you have to be reasonably old (like me) to actually remember SOTC !
#129930 by Neil
01 Aug 2006, 09:10
Not totally true DragonLady, Im fairly young and thanks to the wondeful era we are in now I have watched many an episode of SOTC on Sky etc, ok I don't remember it first time round but still enjoy some of the classic tv shows (much better than the rubbish they have on nowadays!)

Neil:)
#129931 by PVGSLF
01 Aug 2006, 09:16
ah! fond memories of school holidays and "problems at the Sandy Heath transmitter"
TV just aint like what it used to be!
#129932 by pjh
01 Aug 2006, 09:16
Originally posted by Attitude23
That doll thing used to scare the hell out of me when I was little, its bringing back awful memories[:0]

Slightly off topic but the test card was used to great effect in one of the first episodes of "Life On Mars". The detective played by John Simm falls asleep with the TV on, wakes to the test card...only the girl isn't there but instead in the room with him.

Neil - I watched "Life On Mars" with my teenage daughter and she remarked that she found the test card and the test card doll spooky. I also think she couldn't grasp the idea of there being literally nothing on TV....

Paul
#129937 by Neil
01 Aug 2006, 09:41
Originally posted by pjh
That doll thing used to scare the hell out of me when I was little, its bringing back awful memories[:0]

Slightly off topic but the test card was used to great effect in one of the first episodes of "Life On Mars". The detective played by John Simm falls asleep with the TV on, wakes to the test card...only the girl isn't there but instead in the room with him.

Neil - I watched "Life On Mars" with my teenage daughter and she remarked that she found the test card and the test card doll spooky. I also think she couldn't grasp the idea of there being literally nothing on TV....

Paul

I knew i wouldn't be the only one! Love the fact she couldn't believe that there was nothing on tv at some points, kids these days...[:w] - god I feel old

#129940 by Littlejohn
01 Aug 2006, 10:09
Can't find a reliable reference to the oldest test card, although the one I put up earlier must be close. This one is interesting. It is a recent test card from Pakistan, which I suspect Mcuth will find particularly pleasant:

4 Ducks Test Card
#129943 by DragonLady
01 Aug 2006, 10:19
[quote]Originally posted by Attitude23
ok I don't remember it first time round

Unfortunately(because we're old) some of us do and it was one of the highlights of the viewing week (honestly):D. 3 channels in total and no day-time Tv except in the school hols when there was a small bit of kids Tv in the morning (WDY, Double Deckers etc.... Ah,nostalgia..).No videos or DVDs either..
#129962 by mcuth
01 Aug 2006, 12:02
Oh at the grand old age of 34, I well remember SoTC, channel shut-downs overnight (national anthem on the Beeb before the dot anyone?) and that bloody clown on the test card freaked me out too! (Yes Jeremy, I much preferred your Duck test card :D)

Actually it's quite amazing how much TV has changed, even in those short years...made me feel old now [ii]

Cheers

Michael
#129967 by Littlejohn
01 Aug 2006, 12:19
I always quite fancied the clown - quite liked her eyes, and figured she must have a great personality.
#129971 by Decker
01 Aug 2006, 12:35
Ballon clowns - the original blow up dolls...
#129981 by Neil
01 Aug 2006, 13:28
I always quite fancied the clown - quite liked her eyes, and figured she must have a great personality.

mmmmm - how'd ya know the clown was a she? I think its very worrying Jeremy that you used to fancy something made of Ballons, Im sure there are speciality website available for people like you[:w][:p]

#129993 by Littlejohn
01 Aug 2006, 13:47
Some of my best friends are full of hot air :)

how'd ya know the clown was a she?

Send me a PM, and I will show you a diagram ;)
#130003 by Scrooge
01 Aug 2006, 14:17
Some of my best friends are full of hot air :)

how'd ya know the clown was a she?

Send me a PM, and I will show you a diagram ;)

On your next stop over here you want to go visit the store,im sure I can make a deal on an item or two [:0]

REF: the Pam Anderson thread that I cannot find [:#]
#130026 by Littlejohn
01 Aug 2006, 15:49
I think that thread has probably been archived by now. Happy days though!
#130032 by Neil
01 Aug 2006, 16:03
I don't think I want to know what that thread was about, although Im sure I could have a pretty good guess!!

#130037 by Scrooge
01 Aug 2006, 16:22
Well there you go,thats what I get for posting when I just wake up..confusing one blond goddess with another.

link to thread
#130067 by Neil
01 Aug 2006, 17:16
Lol - what a very bizarre thread, Interesting though about the Jenna Jameson doll, what will they think of next!
#130079 by Littlejohn
01 Aug 2006, 17:45
Interesting though about the Jenna Jameson doll, what will they think of next!

to which my response has to be:
Im sure there are speciality website available for people like you
#130090 by MarkJ
01 Aug 2006, 18:00
Didnt anyone find this test card?

[img]http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/506/1939320169270005860_rs.jpg[/img]
#130098 by Neil
01 Aug 2006, 18:16
Interesting though about the Jenna Jameson doll, what will they think of next!

to which my response has to be:
Im sure there are speciality website available for people like you

[:0] Jeremy [V] - Im a sweet innocent young man, I can assure you I have no interest in a Jenna Jameson doll, I was just sayin that its interesting they do things and that there is actually a demand for them [:I]

Virgin Atlantic