#14228 by PVGSLF
02 Aug 2006, 03:39
Having just re-read some of my postings about MBNA, I realise I must be nearing the qualification age for "Grumpy old Man".
So I think we need a section where we can vent our frustations about those little things in life that really annoy us in true Grumpy old Man/Woman style.
#130219 by Neil
02 Aug 2006, 08:47
God I think that would be the most used thread on the forum:D what with us all been so perfect [:w] and so many annoying things in the world, it could cause server overload.

Neil:)
#130282 by pjh
02 Aug 2006, 11:58
Would a "Hello" forum be an appropriate addition? New joiners are often bursting to get something posted and seem sometimes to use "My worst VS / VH experience" as the starting point (as the bad experiences stay in the mind longer than the good) which leads to follow ons of "Why are you posting this ?". Perhaps a "neutral" forum to get an initial introduction posted would start things off on a better footing ?

Paul
#130288 by Neil
02 Aug 2006, 12:15
Paul - we have got the Welcome to the Clubhouse thread where us members seem to say hello when becoming a member, just wonder how repetative a "hello" forum would become with posts just repeating themselves.[:?]

#130308 by MarkJ
02 Aug 2006, 13:28
Originally posted by Attitude23
Paul - we have got the Welcome to the Clubhouse thread where us members seem to say hello when becoming a member, just wonder how repetative a "hello" forum would become with posts just repeating themselves.[:?]

I use a dive foirum too and there is exactly this on there - but as with here its only for Members - as Preiffer has mentioned in another thread the whole membership situation is being reveiewed - so stay tuned for more info!!!

Its nioce to say hello and welcome - but to be ghonest - just get posting!!! The first post usually gets a "hello" from the regulars anyway"!!
#130319 by Littlejohn
02 Aug 2006, 14:10
Originally posted by MarkJ
Its nioce to say hello and welcome - but to be ghonest - just get posting!!! The first post usually gets a "hello" from the regulars anyway"!!

I couldn't think of anything worse. Having to say hello to all those newbies[:$]. I do not believe it!

Oh, you are right. I have turned into a grumpy old man.

Hurumph!
#130327 by Neil
02 Aug 2006, 14:26
Agree with MarkJ, I have found the best way to get into the site is to post and get involved, people on here are 99% of the time very friendly, so I never found that an issue.

#130328 by pjh
02 Aug 2006, 14:29

Good point. I wasn't aware of the thread as I am too much of a cheapskate have been unable for system reasons to become a member and contribute to this magnificent enterprise.

Paul
#130333 by Neil
02 Aug 2006, 14:41
Originally posted by pjh

Good point. I wasn't aware of the thread as I am too much of a cheapskate have been unable for system reasons to become a member and contribute to this magnificent enterprise.
Paul

[:?]mmmmm - that sounds a very easy excuse to use now, I See however you have been using these forums for a while, so I think your crossed out comments make more sense[}:)];)

#130336 by Littlejohn
02 Aug 2006, 14:44
To be fair, there are a number of issues of people availablity at the moment that are slowing membership kits. But I am sure pjh will be a member as soon as these are resolved ;):)
#130346 by pjh
02 Aug 2006, 15:03

[:?]mmmmm - that sounds a very easy excuse to use now, I See however you have been using these forums for a while, so I think your crossed out comments make more sense[}:)];)

It's a fair cop, you've got me bang to rights etc.[:I] Honest guv, I did intend to make an honest poster of myself the other day and will be doing so as soon as the membership links are opened up again / I get back from St Lucia (whichever is the later).

Paul
#130347 by Neil
02 Aug 2006, 15:04
Excellent Paul, gentle persuasion goes a long way;)

#130414 by MarkJ
02 Aug 2006, 19:30
Originally posted by sailor99

I couldn't think of anything worse. Having to say hello to all those newbies[:$]. I do not believe it!

Hurumph!

So you are older than me then - I consider myself to be a Grumpy Young Man!![:w]
#130479 by Scrooge
03 Aug 2006, 06:06

Hurumph!

So you are older than me then - I consider myself to be a Grumpy Young Man!![:w]

Nope,you are a grumpy old man and both of you have more grey hair than me before you say anything Mr Sailor [:w]
#130487 by Littlejohn
03 Aug 2006, 07:50
Well at least the two of still have hair even if it is grey, which is more than can be said for some, Mr jetwet.
#130490 by Scrooge
03 Aug 2006, 08:07
Well at least the two of still have hair even if it is grey, which is more than can be said for some, Mr jetwet.

Huh drunk yes,hair yes,grey yes [:p]
#130493 by Littlejohn
03 Aug 2006, 08:10
I meant Mark and I having grey hair. And don't be hard on yourself; you had a headache!
#130503 by MarkJ
03 Aug 2006, 09:19
Originally posted by jetwet1

Huh [url=http://www.v-flyer.com/forum/flyer_viewphoto.asp?photo_id=2490&airline=&aircraft=¨istration=&airport=&photographer=&keywords=&category=9&lastpos=&fromsearch=yes]drunk yes,hair yes,grey yes[/url] [:p]

Err...... receding YES[:w]
#130610 by Scrooge
03 Aug 2006, 15:38
Sorry to say not receding,though around the early twenties I thought I was going to have a big problem,but it seems to have stopped where it's at and is not just turning to a dignified shade of grey.

I wish it was just a headache,those I can deal with np.Unfortunately it was a full blown migraine,which in my case leads to nausea and vomiting and a severe sensitivity to light,noise and some smells.

Not the way I wanted to end the night trust me,I would much rather of been in the bar with you guys [:#].
#130702 by MarkJ
03 Aug 2006, 23:17
Originally posted by jetwet1

Not the way I wanted to end the night trust me,I would much rather of been in the bar with you guys [:#].

Yeah it would have been much better to stay up, get drunk, get driven to the airport at 5am, puke in the car and then get stopped from boarding the plane coz you were too blotto!!!

Maybe fate offered you the more favourable route!![:I][:?]
#130717 by Scrooge
03 Aug 2006, 23:43
Don't think so,im a happy drunk so np's getting on the plane and I dont drink to the point where I "puke" either so that wouldn't off been a problem.
Virgin Atlantic